The War of Terrador

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

Re: The War of Terrador

Post by Dragonchampion »

WHoa! Big glitch! Did you say a MEDIC did that? I'll have a look and the coding now...

EDIT: found the problem, it is fixed now. Redownload.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Taimat

Post by Taimat »

Ill try some stuff and see if I can replicate it now.
Taimat

Post by Taimat »

Another one: I dunno how its handled, but I assume you type in the name of required addons manually. You have the space terrain pack labled as space terrain packet, so it warns you regardless of whether or not you have it installed.

Not exactly big, and probably not worth a release on its own, but its worth fixing and throwing in the next update/fix.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hmmm... OK. Thanks. It will be applied in the next update.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Taimat

Post by Taimat »

Sniper one seems to be fixed, I havent managed to recreate it since.

The level 2 soldier (Veteran, I think. Aldermann starts as it) uses a different units sprite for attacking. A black and purple one.
Havent used him much, so I havent noticed until now.

Edit: Got a lot further now. Bombers are awesome :D Anyway, found a couple more:

Terradors finest have the attack sprite thing too, only they point to a different sprite.
Light fighters/bombers/level 2 recon craft attacks sometimes dont show the lasers/missiles. I dont know why, but I have noticed it seems to happen more when another unit attacks them.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

The attack sprites are the old versions, and they will have to stay until someone updates them...

As for the non-animating, that is a coding error on my part. I will work on it ASAP.

Taimat

Post by Taimat »

Figured as much with the sprites. Cant be helped :D

Oh, and before I forget: The mission where you first get newton. Its difficult when you first meet them, but as soon as you get rid of that first wave they have nothing left. I'd just about finished off both leaders by the time he showed up, and Im quite terrible. Maybe give them more gold so you actually need newtons help?
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hmmm... You are the very first person to say the scenario is now too easy...

Maybe I should make those Medium tanks Black Widows again, and make them guardians?

Or maybe add a few mor fighters around the base as guardians, or add defense turrets, as it is a captured Human base?

Taimat

Post by Taimat »

I wouldnt up the tanks, those were the only things that gave me any real trouble. Making them level three might be overkill, I was grouping four or five people to each tank as it was.

Maybe up the income by quite a bit and lessen the starting gold for them? The first push at the middle of the map wont be quite so hard, but it wont be as easy after that point.

(example numbers: -25-30 gold at the start for them but 5-10 extra base income)
Taimat

Post by Taimat »

The second campaign (Not the normal terrador one) doesnt work for me. I forget what was in it, but I got one of those error messages you have to click okay on 10 or so times to exit when I tried to start it.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hmmmm... I'll go back tonight and check on that. Sorry there hasn't been very many updates, Exams are coming in two weeks, and I have needed to study, as well as my books being almost done and ready to publish.

The next update will fix this error, was well as have the final Omega mission.

giapo

Post by giapo »

1) Yes. The ending of chapter 1.
2) The second from the last in chapter 3.
3) Aldermann
4) You should make a bit easier the leveling system, especially for the planes and tanks and correct some spelling mistakes.
5) 1.6.1
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have fixed the error with Omega's Tale. I has no Update #, but it is fixed.

ydcl

war of terrador

Post by ydcl »

Hi, I want to say, I like very much "the war of terrador". This is, the kind space-opéra, turn per turn, I like ! So, continue !
Kelben

Re: war of terrador

Post by Kelben »

Why not posting this in the war of Terrador topic...
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels