Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JezterMan

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Post by JezterMan »

Oh... yes here's 2 more saves that might help you diagnose the problem...

(in reference to... http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27022 )

BTW...
Created by wesnoth v. 1.6.4
running vista

ty
Attachments
saves2.zip
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'll look at these. Thanks.
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

Hey there. I am liking the campaign, but I am completely stuck on Royal Rumble. All of my upper level units were brutally slaughtered in Haldric pays a visit and all I have are a ukian veteran,a hawkeye, 2 regulars about to level and an attack dog in the way of units with any experience. I have 450 gold. Does any know of any strategy that could possibly help me?
ibliss

Post by ibliss »

i also have the problem with going to the "orc banner in the south" on the map in part III and nothing happening....
Spoiler:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ibliss wrote:i also have the problem with going to the "orc banner in the south" on the map in part III and nothing happening....
The random attacks will cause the necessary event not to fire unfortunately, though it shouldn't prevent the event from firing next time. Unless you have bad luck and keep getting attacked every time. You can open the map with the editor, I think it's called "1_02_world.map", and change the terrain around that area into something other than road, forest, hills, or snow. Cave, for example. Then you won't get attacked. I'll fix this in the next release.
jsacton wrote:Does any know of any strategy that could possibly help me?
450 gold should be enough, but your recall list is a bit of a problem. I've never been a big fan of replaying earlier scenarios to enter a tough one again with better resources. That's one of the reasons I made the world map scenarios. Go off the path a few times on the way from the fort to the capitol, fight some orcs, level up some archers to get ~3 seeresses.
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

doofus-01 wrote:
ibliss wrote:i also have the problem with going to the "orc banner in the south" on the map in part III and nothing happening....
The random attacks will cause the necessary event not to fire unfortunately, though it shouldn't prevent the event from firing next time. Unless you have bad luck and keep getting attacked every time. You can open the map with the editor, I think it's called "1_02_world.map", and change the terrain around that area into something other than road, forest, hills, or snow. Cave, for example. Then you won't get attacked. I'll fix this in the next release.
jsacton wrote:Does any know of any strategy that could possibly help me?
450 gold should be enough, but your recall list is a bit of a problem. I've never been a big fan of replaying earlier scenarios to enter a tough one again with better resources. That's one of the reasons I made the world map scenarios. Go off the path a few times on the way from the fort to the capitol, fight some orcs, level up some archers to get ~3 seeresses.

Now I can't beat the orcs... I have 80 gold in purse and have to face 20ish level 2 orcs with what I can get with 80 gold, can't let heroes or seeress(es) die... any advice??
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, typing ":debug" allows you to cheat, if you're OK with that. In debug mode, there are a few extra right-click options as well as some more ":command" things that are described in the help menu.
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

that is the coolest thing ever. How do I turn it off once I turn it on?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This page explains the typed commands.

EDIT: I seem to have broken my BfW 1.6 version while installing 1.7, so I cannot test JezterMan's save-files. I did fix a few things in the 1.7 version, and do not have such problems myself, so hopefully it is fixed as of BMR 0.8.7.
Rakarei55555

Post by Rakarei55555 »

this campaign is epic, i'll post a real review once i beat it.

question though
Spoiler:
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Which campaign version are you using? There was a bug where Scarrion would not show up if you let the wolf riders reach Vazzan while they are still your enemy (at least I think that's what caused it), but that should be fixed in 0.8.6.

If you're using BfW 1.7, Scarrion has shown up, and you're still stuck, I'd be interested to hear what happened. I've noticed changing a unit's goto_x & goto_y doesn't have the same effect in 1.7 as it did in 1.6, so the end of that scenario may not work correctly.
Rakarei55555

Post by Rakarei55555 »

i'm in 1.6, i killed vazzan, and i got to this dead end in the tunnel. the orcs were my allies when i reached him and killed him. also, the orcs were wimps, they weren't even good tanks.
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
ibliss

Post by ibliss »

hmmm ... the scenario "escape from the legion" is really nice,
Spoiler:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Rakarei55555 wrote:i'm in 1.6, i killed vazzan, and i got to this dead end in the tunnel. the orcs were my allies when i reached him and killed him. also, the orcs were wimps, they weren't even good tanks.
If you are using something older than BMR 0.8.6, and the wolf riders reached Vazzan before you did, Scarrion won't show up and your game is broken. You can skip to the next level by typing

Code: Select all

:debug
:n
You won't miss much but
this is a quick summary:
ibliss wrote:hmmm ... the scenario "escape from the legion" is really nice,
Spoiler:
jasonliu

Post by jasonliu »

the chimera levels up and an error pops out and i can play in all dreams die, i have posted it on the other thread too, which one is right? and what shud i do?