WHAT TO DO if you can't beat a scenario in a campaign:

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson »

In Siege of Elfenwhatever, there's a cave with a necromancer. I took out one Revenant with a Paladin, the other with Elrian, the Loyal mage, with Konrad in support. Staying alive was, as always, more of a problem than defeating the enemy. Thus two shyde in support, and some Avengers to soak up damage.
yaw123

Post by yaw123 »

Minor_Joey wrote:Ahhhhhh.... Now it should be easier for me to beat the campaigns.... I haven't been able to beat Heir to the Throne, even on easy. :P
:D I Cant beat the princess's revenge! :oops: :?
Spanner

Post by Spanner »

One thing I noticed is that when you finish a scenario there's an option to save replay that wipes out all your autosaves. I never accept, because I'm afraid that I will need to replay a scenario.....

So far so good, so far i haven't needed to replay a past scenario altough i had to replay some of the tougher current scenarios to experiment with different strategies and tactis.

I'm currently up to The Ford of Abez - the 11th scenario of HTTT.

At first I didn;t have a clue what to recruit and train, so I worked on having a balanced troops, one of each whenever possible just in case. E.g I make a white mage, then i aim for a red mage :)

I have about 12 L3s (excluding the 3 main characters who are all fully leveled) plus maybe 6 levels 2s.

Basically one each of everything

1 evlish outrider + holy (useful for caves??)
1 elf champion
1 elf marshall (another l2 on the way)
1 elf avenger
1 elf marksman
1 silver mage
1 mage of light (working on another two white mages, I hate undead + I love cure/healing.)
1 red mage (i regret making my first red mage , a silver mage)
1 Shyde (working on a couple of elvish enchatress)
1 paladin (1 or 2 knights on their way to paladinhood)
1 Grand knight+holy

Assorted L2 and L1 mermen.

Most of my losses were expensive mages, against the damn undead...

I hope this is sufficient?? i see in the feedback some people are running around with 18 L3s!!

Right now the temptation is just to keep recalling these L3 units, and use L1s a the occasional warm bodies to take the heat, but I think that's not a good idea, need to develop new unit l3s and spare backups... Not to mention save $$$$

The next time i replay this whole campaign, I'm going to be more selective...I think maybe go more undead hostile....
MageRain

Post by MageRain »

Nice strategy about looking up levels up you put there. Guess what, you can't see what unit levels up to, before you actually level them up. Help file won't show it. Personally, I don't even know what the hell Shyde is.
milty42

I can't beat this level

Post by milty42 »

First off, im pretty new to this game, but its awesome and addictive.

I need some help on the level in the tale of two brothers campaign called 'Return to the Village'. no matter what happens i always get overwhelmed by sheer numbers by the orcs, and i don't have enough gold to get more troops. Suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
Milty42
lucio

Back a Step

Post by lucio »

You'll likely need to replay the previous scenario, and see that you save enough gold (use fewer heros, or capture more villages).
lucio

Good and Bad News

Post by lucio »

I'm having trouble with Good and Bad News. I only have Sir Garrick and Ithelden. Garrick is already wounded.

I cannot recruit more heroes, I have no healing possibilites (not enough turns to sit around and get 2 hit points a turn).

I also notice that, although the death of Ithelden is meant to mean losing the scenario, iI can actually play on when he dies.

Any Hints?

Thanks

L
milty42

Thnx

Post by milty42 »

Thanx for that, ill try it
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Re: WHAT TO DO if you can't beat a scenario in a campaign:

Post by Taurus »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Finally, if there is no adequate walkthrough or previous discussion, you should post your problem in a new topic, with details and preferably a replay of how you go wrong.
This is not the thread to post in if you are looking for advice. I would reccomend re-reading the advice posted in the begginig of this thread or starting a new one.

Perhaps this thread should be locked...
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

okay, the link that elvish pillager gave to the wiki takes me to a page that says MainLine campaign. the page cannot be found, you can search for it or edit it. is there an alternate link that takes me to a place where i can get help with mainline??
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
lindymon

Post by lindymon »

Maybe I'm simply crazy or something, but how do you become a lich in the "Decent into Darkness" scenario? I've killed the mirror, let it level up, visited every spot in the beginning cave. I don't know what to do
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Kill yourself using the mirror, don't freeze it to death, use your sword on it so you'll die.
lindymon

Post by lindymon »

I've killed the mirror 3 or 4 times now...still no lich (one of those times, I went for 221 turns). What should I do?

The mirror has no attacks, so how does it reflect?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Use your melee attack (sword), it will reflect the damage you give it.

If it doesn't, your install is broken.
lindymon

Post by lindymon »

Thank you for helping.