Another Faction description on how to beat and what to use!!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

unsung

Post by unsung »

its a good guide, but you should include this fact for new people:
Following a strategy guide doesn't mean you'll win, it means you'll have a better idea what your up against and what to use. you must use your own experience and judgement as well if you want to win. :irritated:

and you should fix the typos. because stupid people won't take your guide seriously otherwise. :roll:
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

unsung wrote:its a good guide, but you should include this fact for new people:
Following a strategy guide doesn't mean you'll win, it means you'll have a better idea what your up against and what to use. you must use your own experience and judgement as well if you want to win. :irritated:
In the end I am making part 3 that explains what you just said :wink:
unsung wrote:and you should fix the typos. because stupid people won't take your guide seriously otherwise. :roll:
This will be done when i am done everything :D
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
STNA NarSissi

Thug!!! vs undead

Post by STNA NarSissi »

u forgot thugs when playing knalban vs undead, they are very powerful against skeletons and cheap (13gold). also ulf can kill ghosts at day.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Read more carefully:

And if you are facingUndead the units you have to be most catious of are: Dark Adept, Ghost, Ghoul, and Skeleton archer.

Units to consider using:Dwarvish Fighter, ulfserker, thug

STEPS

1.) First your main concern is the ghost. It has resistance to all your attacks. Your best bet is to get those thugs in at night and dwarvish fighters in day. Your ulf will also work, but we need him for later. But wait there is a good side to this ghost. IT HAS FLYING ABILLTY. Make good use of this and strike your heart out n day. The ghost also has low hp. So if it is on a village make sure you do more than 10 damage.(at least)

2.) Next is the skeleton archer. Some may say "come on my impact attacks from my fighter and thug will rip this thing apart". You are right in some cases, but when your units are on grassland and without ranged attacks and you are in day. Lets put it his way... you are in major trouble. Your fighter has resistance to pierce, but not enough to really survive long. try to keep your dwarves on mountains in night and thugs on villages in day.

3.) Third is the Ghoul.Not an overpowered unit, no real major damage inflicting blows. JUST SOME NASTY POSION CLAWS THAT ARE JUST WAITNG TO TEAR YOUR ARMY APART. Like I said in part 1 use your ulf in day. Its better to get rid of it and only poison 1 unit than a whole army.
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Kamamura

Post by Kamamura »

Some feedback after reading your guide:

1) I think your guide is okay content-wise, but is marred by very poor style. The sentences are verry erratic and sometimes confusing, you jump from one subject to another (sometimes you talk about how to use a unit and in the same sentece, you start to talk about how to beat it). It's good to think ahead when writing and structure the text. You attempt to do that, but you are not consistent enough.
For example, try this: Give each faction one chapter. Divide the chapters into sections - unit characteristics, overal strategy for the faction, faction weaknesses, for example. When describing units, provide the information on how to use them and how to beat them in different subsections. Make good use of paragraphs. Maintain the same structure consistently in the whole guide, otherwise it gets confusing. It's quite detrimental to the quality of your guide when readers must constantly try to figure out what are you trying to say.

2) Read something about typographic conventions. Do not use bold underlined capital letters, it feels like being smashed in the head with a brick! Chose consistent style for chapter captions, subsection captions, descriptions, and so on - and stick to it. Programming books are a good example of efficient use of typography (well, at least some of them).

Otherwise, the guide contains some interesting information, but it's really pain to read.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Hmm... this gude is quiete good, but IMO really incomplete.
You forgot to mention Thiefs with backstab as one of key knalgans units. Also you give advices that sometimes 1-2 gryphons are needed - in theory yes, but losing 50g at begining isn't IMO good idea.
I think that you have to rewrite it and consider using _every_ unit. HI is great not only against skeletons - against knalgans too.
Human Archer is really great unit too. I would use him against elves, not horseman - cause elf great defence and ability to counter charging horseman.
Just write about every unit - each has it's own tactics.
Btw in first part you write about factions... you show some "=" and "-" but it's rather chaotic. I would give you advic to write it little more clearly.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Croc Paterson

Post by Croc Paterson »

Good job in general, but honestly, there is a lot in here that I strongly disagree with.

I think you should re-examine some of the points in the Drake section, for starters.

Also, if you'd like a proofreader, I can help with that.
"Your face is overpowered." - Neoriceisgood