Clearwater Port's Lieutenant

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Easuth

Clearwater Port's Lieutenant

Post by Easuth »

TRoW: I managed to figure out how to kill all three leaders at Clearwater Port (as usual, throwing a ton of units at the problem doesn't hurt) but the Lieutenant then refused to join me, saying he would stay to defend. Am I supposed to take the third ship in order to get the Lt., so that he would be forced to evacuate too? Or will he rejoin at some later time?

Oh, and whoever mentioned on one of the topics that you only need a few units to take and maintain a lighthouse beachhead needs to be seriously hurt. :P What a bloody mess that attempt was. I thought I was at Bay of Pigs. :oops:
scott

Post by scott »

There's no way to get the Lt at this time.

I agree about the beachhead. I just stay on my side and pick the enemy off in the water. He wastes so much time sending his units over the water that my units crept up the back side unopposed.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Easuth

Post by Easuth »

scott wrote:There's no way to get the Lt at this time.
So no matter what you do, the Lt. says he won't be going with you and then shows up later? Good enough. I thought I was going to have to play through that whole scenario again and strike a balance between the opposing forces and my allies so they didn't accidentally kill the remaining enemy themselves. It's not like they were effective in helping fight the enemy at strength, but once I whittled down the orcs they were clogging the bridges and trying to jump the line, the little glory-seekers. :wink:
unsung

Post by unsung »

what campaign is this in?
it sounds fun.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
scott

Post by scott »

The rise of Wesnoth
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Easuth

Post by Easuth »

unsung wrote:what campaign is this in?
it sounds fun.
Sorry, that's what the "TRoW" at the start of my first post meant. It let most people who played through the campaign know I meant "The Rise of Wesnoth", but I guess I should have spelled it out for everyone else.

Oh, and it was fun, once I stopped cursing the givers of bad advice and reformulated my strategy. Come to think of it, the other post was probably for an older, less balanced version of the campaign where the advice would actually have worked. :shock: Oh, well.
Sly

Post by Sly »

I just finished this scenario (didn't kill the three leaders, in hard difficulty I lost too much good units ... I'm happy to know that I didn't miss the Ltt :D )

But I have a question : what does the "heroic" victory (3rd ship) change ? more gold ?