Money cheat?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Monsieur Pouet

Money cheat?

Post by Monsieur Pouet »

Is there one? :?:
aelius

Post by aelius »

Sure. Open up the save file and give yourself money. That or open the unit configuration files and make everything cost 1 gold point.

Why would you want to, though?

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

if you want to play in sp you can run wesnoth with -d or --debug, and write in game :gold [amount_of_gold]
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

why would you want to?
RAR!!!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Some people have playing, and need help. Maybe he runs out of gold to quickly or...

Or was this a hypathetical question?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
dark_whitecleou625

Hey Aelius!

Post by dark_whitecleou625 »

Windows or Mac user????
Please....I would like to appreciate to those who will mail me at dark_cleou93@yahoo.com something about WESNOTH!!!
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

:arrow: I think the fact there is no cheat mode in Wesnoth is part of its philosophy. In fact, it is a good thing, because it makes you playing better and it makes the game difficult enough to play so it doesn't become boring. And if you cheat in campaigns or when playing against the computer, than you become bad at multiplayer :wink:
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Many people never play multi-player. I, for one, don't have the time. I mostly play Wesnoth (or any game) when I'm waiting, often in airports. Campaign only for me.

The debug trick is useful when learning, if nothing else. You can focus on unit tactics without having to worry about money too. You learn the game economy later. People forget how frustrating Wesnoth is to learn.

And, frankly, if "cheating" is turned off in single-player, then many novice players simply won't bother. This is why getting rid of (or even making too inconvinient) save scuming or money cheats are always a bad idea. If the game is too hard at the beginning, a significant fraction of new players simply stop playing.