Under the Burning Suns - who should get the speed ring?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revolting_peasant

Under the Burning Suns - who should get the speed ring?

Post by revolting_peasant »

At some point in Under the Burning Suns (let's not spoil it too much), you can choose a unit to pick up a ring of +1 speed (= movement points).

The question is... who should it be?
  • Speedy healers can better service multiple hot-spots of battle. But... Zhul is at speed 6, so she won't get an extra movement point in 2-MP-per-hex terrain.
  • It's always useful if your leader is more mobile, especially when he needs to catch up to his units after some rounds of recruiting. But here too - Kaleh has 6 MP.
  • A Tauroch Rider has 5 MP - those can never be quick. So perhaps upgrade one to the equivalent of a quick Fighter? It would become actually useful in caves and such.
  • You could have a 10 MP Scout if you award the ring to a quick Scout... that's gotta be worth something, right?
  • The Dust Devil, especially when leveled up, could be quite the assassin, and has splendid mobility. Increasing its range means it can hit'em before they, well, know what hit'em.
  • Nym is quite capable, and as she rises in experience - also deadly. Why not bring up her MP to a cool even 8? 4 hexes in caves...
What do you think?
Poison

Re: Under the Burning Suns - who should get the speed ring?

Post by Poison »

I gave it to a Tauroch Rider, and was useful in subsequent scenarios. I never thought of Nym, it looks like a fine idea too, especially if you combine it with leadership. Scouts are somewhat fragile, I didn't manage to go far with them, despite their usefulness. The Dust Devil is fast enough imho.
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

In hindsight, I would suggest Kaleh, Nym or Zhul. Odd or even - they need to do the most moving-around between different places in a level, to heal or grant leadership. The Dust Devil's mobility is good enough, and it's also great at waiting where other units won't pick on it, so it's not meaningful to give it to him.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I try to give it to taurochs since they are my main tanks. But I think giving it to
a hero is better because they are more important than regular units.