better strategy for Http Isle of the Damned

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Graakhatmeksha

better strategy for Http Isle of the Damned

Post by Graakhatmeksha »

Isle of the Damned is hard on the top difficulty, but I just beat it early with a different strategy. I recalled the merman with the lightning trident and the mermaid initiate (both developed in the Bay of Pearls) and sent them north along the coast picking off a few undead and gaining experience. I recruited lots of footpads and one thug and then sent Konrad north on turn 2 along with all walkers. (The first two merfolk I sent south to grab towns). Defeated northern lich on turn 10, recruited a full keep of additional units, picked up Moremiru in the LAST temple, and defeated the southern lich on turn 22.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: better strategy for Http Isle of the Damned

Post by josteph »

Thanks for sharing! What version of wesnoth? Maybe post the replay?

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3179
Graakhatmeksha

Post by Graakhatmeksha »

version 1.14.8 (6) Deleted the replay out of habit because no-one ever wanted it before. Next time I will save.
Graakhatmeksha

Post by Graakhatmeksha »

I replayed it using the same strategy in order to provide the replay attached. First lich fell on turn 9 and second on turn 20, top difficulty.
Attachments
HttT-Isle of the Damned replay.gz
(34.91 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Nice divide and conquer play :) Do post to the thread I linked, though, so other players can find your replay!