Suggestions for Heir to the Throne walkthrough

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

js138

Blitz Mountain Pass

Post by js138 »

Sprint for it?

If you aren't concerned about xp (and I haven't been on this level) you can get to the end of the road pretty quick.

I think I recruited a couple of gryphons to distract trolls and scout, and a couple of scouts to pick off villages and die if need be.

Killed one ogre (with a berserker tho) and didn't lose anybody my last play through.

Your milage may vary.
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

I just recruited two castle of Grip's I even managed to kill the Great Mage and get the Arch Mage down to 13 hits :lol: Funny....But I am now on "A Choice must be made" Which is right after "The Scepter of Fire" I am trying to kill the Undead...But this is proving to be difficult...I also gave Konrad the Scepter of Fire...Next time I go through this I will give Li'Sar the Scepter for kicks...But anyone suggestions?
Victory to those who do not fear death!
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

Ok now I am at the Vally of Statues..I almost beat it but my comp frooze...Can anyone tell me what is after the Vally?
Victory to those who do not fear death!
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Deathtenks wrote:Ok now I am at the Vally of Statues..I almost beat it but my comp frooze...Can anyone tell me what is after the Vally?
Return to Wesnoth, a small map, very dangerous and has a low turn limit.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
mmHg

Post by mmHg »

Ford of Abez, IMHO is easiest with a handful of mermen, a couple of gryphons, and a silver mage. Use the mermen to protect the heros as they cross the water, as well as to bait the sea monsters into attacking the humans. Once the orcs reach the water, use the gryphons to steal villiages on the far side of the river. That amazing teleporting silver mage does a great job of killing pesky wolves.
Shade

Post by Shade »

mmHg wrote:Ford of Abez, IMHO is easiest with a handful of mermen, a couple of gryphons, and a silver mage. Use the mermen to protect the heros as they cross the water, as well as to bait the sea monsters into attacking the humans. Once the orcs reach the water, use the gryphons to steal villiages on the far side of the river. That amazing teleporting silver mage does a great job of killing pesky wolves.
Wow, that's a very well thoughout plan... (no really) Mine has always been to use a keep full of baitfish, erm merfolk, and to try to run like hell (While trying to keep the merfolk with the trident alive).
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
dog4life

finishing blackwarer n crossroads early

Post by dog4life »

this is what u do don't worry about elves yet get about 3-5 horseman go to the forest in the south-west forcing the orcs down to u. Also don't worry so much about xp and about so many of them getting for in every stage the first couple of turns the enemies r wry about capturing villages once u get to about turn 5 the orc leader where come out near the village. Now this is all about luck esp if u only have 3 horseman u may lose 1 or 2 but many enemies will gang up around u but being that u have horsemans just kill the enemies infront of u with one of them n konrad n the leader. this is where u use the wizard to get the orc to a real low energy like 2 if u can because when attacking with an horseman attack is damage n defenses aren't so high. This is especially good for the Grand Knight reward u with a strong, intelligent knight. now for the crosswords, also in this stage only horseman,if u were like me and had recruited about 6 knights n was able to keep most of them n upgraded them in past stages all to knights n at least one lancer u recall ur knights about 4 of them get to the eastern leader as fast as possible, u should be near the leader around turn 6. This is also where u have to wry about luck again, for the orc stay in his castle this time n has more better defernse again kill all the enemies near u lower the orc leader hp with the wizard n for the kill with the horseman.I had finished this stage with about 995 gold
dog4life

sum tips on elves besigned

Post by dog4life »

My first time playing elves besigned on hard I had nothing but elves fighters n move up to where u can get the north east emenises to attack u lower the 3rd level troll energy as low as possible n let konrad get the kill on the next turn u should have a level 2 konrad which is excellent for u can use the leadership ability n if u real good at using it n positioning ur fighters may be able to have another fighter upgraded. by the end of this level i had an hero, a level 2 konrad n three other fighters one enemy near getting upgraded meaning they just needed to kill a level one n they be upgraded. the thing is when trying to level up konrad i ended up losing 3 fighters, but it was my first time after all.
Theo

Post by Theo »

I would take the above two posts more seriously if some correct spelling and grammar were implemented.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Theo wrote:I would take the above two posts more seriously if some correct spelling and grammar were implemented.
I agree, some of it is hard to read.
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?