Gryphon Raid in Test of the Clans?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

daloser

Gryphon Raid in Test of the Clans?

Post by daloser »

Just curious if anybody has used this strategy in Test of the Clans on medium or hard.

The first time I got to this scenario, I had like 170 gold and despaired about beating this map. I decided to recall 5 level 2 Gryphons and recruit a new one and send them on a "commando raid" down the middle of the map, keeping care to avoid combat as much as possible, and try to kill the clan leader ASAP. My other units captured a couple of the nearby villages and returned to the starting castle. My gryphons reached their target around turns 10-11, just when the leader was at his weakest and killed him by turn 13. I lost 3 gryphons but ended the scenario with more than 2000+ gold. I suceeded with this strategy another time but only on "easy", having yet to play through the campaign on "medium".
Bablefish

Post by Bablefish »

I also used this stradagy, on hard with some griffians and elvish outriders... I had to use the save/load cheat to keep my heroes alive, but with more then 100 gold (which is all I had) I would say that this would work on hard, if one had some units to proect the heros.