HttT - Return to Wesnoth replay evaluation

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nukchebi0

HttT - Return to Wesnoth replay evaluation

Post by nukchebi0 »

Is it supposed to be this easy on medium? I recruited two turns worth of units (and only eight overall - two grand knights, two paladins, two mages of light, one arch mage and one silver mage), in addition to the initial units of Delfador, Konrad, Kalenz, and Li'sar, and basically steamrolled. I had to save/load twice on turn nine because of lucky kills of Delfador, but other than that encountered no problems. Can anyone critique what I did?
Attachments
HttT-Return_to_Wesnoth_replay.gz
(42.63 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
HomerJ

Re: HttT - Return to Wesnoth replay evaluation

Post by HomerJ »

nukchebi0 wrote:Is it supposed to be this easy on medium? I recruited two turns worth of units (and only eight overall - two grand knights, two paladins, two mages of light, one arch mage and one silver mage), in addition to the initial units of Delfador, Konrad, Kalenz, and Li'sar, and basically steamrolled. I had to save/load twice on turn nine because of lucky kills of Delfador, but other than that encountered no problems. Can anyone critique what I did?
HttT is supposed to be an easy campaign, and this scenario is one of the mediocre/easy ones. So without having watched the replay, it's probably okay. Other than that, giving away that you were saveloading for RNG purposes twice in a thread about the difficulty of a scenario ... :augh:

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
nukchebi0

Post by nukchebi0 »

I mean, the scenario ended because Delfador died. Should I have been expected to restart from the beginning?
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

You should have played in a way that Delfador could not die.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Personally, I only reload when I want to time the maneuvering of my units better. Never (or shall I say, very rarely) do I reload for the RNG.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Saveloading for all purposes except doing something else than playing wesnoth is cheating imho. Unless complying with this don't say it's easy.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
nukchebi0

Post by nukchebi0 »

It was a combination of lucky rolls and a dumb move...
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

nukchebi0 wrote:It was a combination of lucky rolls and a dumb move...
There is no need to defend yourself.
:wink:

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
nukchebi0

Post by nukchebi0 »

I'm just trying to clarify. I didn't reload because I didn't like the results of combat, I reloaded because I made a dumb move with an important character and then watched the computer get very lucky. I didn't think the sanctity of the game was so great that I should be expected to restart from the beginning.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

The thing is that, while I'm restarting a scenario when loosing a unit which I mustn't or don't want to loose, but others reload, and then say it's easy, scenarios are made harder - too hard...
Also, allowing oneself to reload takes the fear away and thus the fun.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
nukchebi0

Post by nukchebi0 »

Interesting point, and one that I understand.