Drakes vs. Undead - effective counter for Dark Adept spam?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheGreatRings

Re: Drakes vs. Undead - effective counter for Dark Adept spam?

Post by TheGreatRings »

Perhaps its an error, but I always try to have at least one healer, or two on a large map. Though I can see how they might not be the best choice here.

That said, I'm suprised everyone's picking the fighter instead of the clasher. Why is this? The clasher has what... four strikes in a turn, and does quite a bit of damage, though I don't have the exact numbers memorized.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
JW

Post by JW »

The Great Rings wrote:Perhaps its an error, but I always try to have at least one healer, or two on a large map. Though I can see how they might not be the best choice here.

That said, I'm suprised everyone's picking the fighter instead of the clasher. Why is this? The clasher has what... four strikes in a turn, and does quite a bit of damage, though I don't have the exact numbers memorized.
19g for 7-4, maybe 9-4. It is awesome, but they are less mobile - which is the key.
17g for 9-3, maybe 10-3.

19g for default 28 damage, or 17g for default 27. The ability to move over forests/swamp/shallow water is also pretty important to avoid getting decimated by Quick Adepts (which non-Quick Clashers must try hard to aovid).

Clashers are okay in smaller numbers, but Fighters are THE WAY to go against Adepts.

(and TL: that is precisely my point about the Mage. ;))
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

May i ask for replays giving good examples on counter attacks against DA's?
And i would have to support the fighter counter with no augur's over the clasher's. Not only is it cheaper on gold to recruit fighters, but the maneuverability of the fighter gives it more flexibility on the, retreat and advance, tactic.
Hurry up and take your time
Only the dead have seen the end of war