South guard-last scenario

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tom of wesnoth

South guard-last scenario

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIN SOUTH GUARDS LAST SCENARIO!?Realy my royal guard was killed in about 10 turns!My main problem is getting to the leader i got near with a thug and footpad sneakforce(they were dead in 2 turns near the undead leader!)Why can i not recall my bandit and leadership units(from the last scenario)i swear they survived!
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
Sir Ritalin

Re: South guard-last scenario

Post by Sir Ritalin »

Tom of wesnoth wrote:IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIN SOUTH GUARDS LAST SCENARIO!?Realy my royal guard was killed in about 10 turns!My main problem is getting to the leader i got near with a thug and footpad sneakforce(they were dead in 2 turns near the undead leader!)Why can i not recall my bandit and leadership units(from the last scenario)i swear they survived!
I think the reason you can't recall units from "Pebbles in the Flood" is that Sir Gerrick's whole party is presumed to have died with him, or at any rate to be hopelessly cut off. But you're off to a good start here. Just spam Thugs and Footpads: they and Minister Hylas are the only ones who can do much to skeletons. Be prepared to lose a lot of them, but level them whenever possible, resorting to Hylas for healing once you're beyond the villages. Advance Hylas and leveled lawful fighters when you can, bringing up your chaotic units to guard them at night. It can take a while, but it works.