A Tricky Scenario

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nightrider

A Tricky Scenario

Post by nightrider »

This has been a reaccuring scene I have noticed in many scenarios so I wanted to clarify this:

When you have an army, but it is relatively weak compared to the enemys', should you sent most of your force to delay the oncoming forces OR should you send them in small groups to delay them one by one.

Thanks for answering in advance!
playtom

Post by playtom »

depends on the objective and other factors:

if to kill enemy leaders:get much villages as you can, send a small force stationed in a high defense ground to delay enemy, amass a large enough army to attack, now if the enemy comes in large and tight bulk, you need to divide them into smaller pieces, take strategic holds whenever you can, just keep doing this until the enemy number is reduced to just a few. then swarm in and do the killing. if the enemy comes in seperate groups, or the line is far-spread, just divert your forces in multiple groups, send a few to delay enemy, while the rest concentrate on attacking the enemyline weak points, after you breakthrough it, regroup and defeat one and every weak enemy forces.

if to hold enemy forces so you can do otherthings(e.g escape):if the enemy comes in a single, large and tight group, it's best you do the same, otherwise you get easily overwhelmed, but if the enemy line is rather far spread, you have a chance of divert your forces into smaller groups and defend on multiple places.

remember, terrain defense and use of strategy matters first here, my tips and advice won't work if you play sloppy. :evil:
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

My forces would already be entrenched in high def terrain while keeping the only hexes my opponents could get into be of a low defensive quality therefore making it suicide to attack me.

As thus, I have this to say:

lol wut
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Thanks guys the advice really helps.