Luck

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sorrow

Luck

Post by Sorrow »

Before you set me on fire i'm not complaining (too much). THe past 7 or so games i've played me + my ally (or me alone) have been over 100 of in EVs (sometimes on both) and lose hideously to really bad or new players.

What do you do when your having a huge bad luck streak, i've seen good players win through really really really really bad luck.
So the question is, what are you supposed to do when you are having really bad luck, other than curl up in a ball and die.
billdoor

Post by billdoor »

Have we played together? In my last games I got very lucky...
Complex

Post by Complex »

Well, it's not the EV so much. Really bad luck: Playing on Isars, getting Drakes as your random faction, recruiting 5 drakes in the first two turns, and getting every single one of them "quick". :shock:
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

I think EVs is kind of misleading. Still sometimes it simply sucks on slammer maps ... Thats life.

Sometimes there are kind of critical hits you have to do to kill a unit. missing them can kill you .

As there are many differeat ammouts of damage sometimes I would like to see a stastic number of expected attacks hit vs number of achieved attacks etc. to get a better impression I my gameplay just sucks or have I been really unlucky
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: Luck

Post by Doc Paterson »

Sorrow wrote:
What do you do when your having a huge bad luck streak, i've seen good players win through really really really really bad luck.
I think in this case, you should post up the replays, and get some feedback as to what you could have done to make things better, in those particular matches (What more can you do?). I've always found that it's important not to let moments or extended periods of bad luck break your cool or disrupt your ability to keep playing a solid game- In so many cases, a little bad luck at seemingly critical moments makes people think that they have zero chance of winning- The discouragement and frustration clouds their mind and their play declines from that point, sealing their fate.

Anyways-

If you have them, post up those replays and we'll review them.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Sorrow

Post by Sorrow »

I didn't save them it appears, Ill ask my ally if he has them. Would have been good to save them for reviewing anyway. Oh well.

If my ally doesn't have it, i'll be sure to post my next terrible game.
Frostfire

Post by Frostfire »

I'm sure I have at least a few autosaves of some of our latest games. I know I at least have a screenshot or two depicting my awesome luck. Lemme poke around my comp.

EDIT: here's a before/after style screenshot of one of our games.
before
after

important part is looking at our positions on the minimap
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Frostfire wrote:I'm sure I have at least a few autosaves of some of our latest games. I know I at least have a screenshot or two depicting my awesome luck. Lemme poke around my comp.
Funny how the first screenshot shows a saurian named "Axis."

Surely an evil saurian.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Sorrow

Post by Sorrow »

Too bad there weren't three of them.