Problems with drakes

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

I think the "turning thing" (clashers at day, saurians at night) is an excellent strategy. It keeps your enemy busy and does not give him time to recover.

I also think that we are so trained to using good terrain that we always take it as granted that drakes with their bad defense are at a severe disadvantage to other factions.
This however only holds true as long as your enemy can use his own better defense. If you force him to fight in the open (for example if you put your units on a hex without high defense terrain next to it) things start to look completely different. All of a sudden drakes high hitpoints and strength start to count. So your enemy can decide if he lets you strike first or puts himself in an unfavourable position.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

I agree with you Yogibear, especially with drakes but it can be applied to all factions. Going on bad terrain is not always bad : if your opponent has to expose his own troop on bad position to hit yours, you may take 2 units down for 1 sacrificed. Though, if you expose yourself so much that after your opponent's turn, you don't have enough troops left to retaliate with, well... that was obviously a bad move.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown