undead ZOMBIES

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

damagister

undead ZOMBIES

Post by damagister »

i find that the zombies are to weak and are useless because every kill gives 8 xp so to make a zombie more effective would be to make it so when they die they dont give a crap load of xp that would help ppl play the good old classic mass zombie style
Gafgarion

Re: undead ZOMBIES

Post by Gafgarion »

damagister wrote:i find that the zombies are to weak and are useless because every kill gives 8 xp so to make a zombie more effective would be to make it so when they die they dont give a crap load of xp that would help ppl play the good old classic mass zombie style
Hi.

Are you referring to Walking Corpses? For killing a Level 0 unit like a Walking Corpse you only recieve 4 xp and no exp for engaging in combat with it.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Tomsik

Re: undead ZOMBIES

Post by Tomsik »

damagister wrote:that would help ppl play the good old classic mass zombie style
Arrr! That not be piratey!
damagister

Post by damagister »

what could they serve for other than a wall of dead corpses?
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Counters in an UD mirror match, among other things.

More experience strategists will likely give you some better ideas.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Zombies are what you use to block things if you don't mind not being able to block things because of the fact that you have no zone of control and can barely block anything at all. :?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Higher Game

Post by Higher Game »

They have impact damage and cost no upkeep, so they indeed are useful in undead vs undead. Because ghosts are tough as hell in that matchup, stalemates are common, and it can be useful to hoard zombies because they don't cost upkeep; they're useful in a long battle. Their impact damage makes them good against skeletons, too.

They can damage heavy infantry well, ever since their impact resistance was nerfed; beating heavy infantry is the key to beating loyalists. Interestingly, the heavy infantry often kills them after being damaged some, opening room for yet another zombie. This tactic can overwhelm tough positions, and is an interesting alternative form of BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA for the undead when adepts might not be ideal, like when the loyalist has a knalgan ally with ulfzerkers standing nearby.
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

Use them to delay enemy troops while you move your good troops back from the other side of the battlefield. Then use them to finish off enemies with only a few HP left. They're extremely useful, as long as you don't expect them to fight well. The thing to keep in mind is that, even if you're lucky enough to level-up a C, it advances to something that's still weaker than many recruitable units.

I find the best approach to using them is to treat them not as fighting units, but as movable terrain features - they're unlikely to do any significant damage, but because they're so cheap they're very good for slowing enemy movements.
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

You use them to get more zombies. :wink:
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

They have no ZoC, but enemy units can't pass through them. So you built a giant wall of them... or use them as cannon fodder.
damagister

Post by damagister »

thanks guys for helping me unclude zombies in my strategy
Krox

Post by Krox »

An interesting tactic for zombies is to use them for recruiting very rare undead units with special abilities, which are even unavailable for the undead leader!

Just create a squad of skeletons, including 2 or 3 zombies. Choose a victim, let the skeletons do the main carnage, and use a zombie for the final blow. Some of the enemy units killed by zombies will keep their specail abilities after being zombiefied:

- knights, cavalry, elvish scouts, wolf riders - nearly everything with four legs will turn into an undead horseman with high movement range

- merfolk and nagas will give you pretty waterzombies that can swim like fish ><(((°>

- undead drakes are fire resistant and nearly immune to the fire breath of their living cousins

And, of course, special zombies are still able to make more zombies!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Higher Game wrote:They have impact damage and cost no upkeep, so they indeed are useful in undead vs undead. Because ghosts are tough as hell in that matchup, stalemates are common, and it can be useful to hoard zombies because they don't cost upkeep; they're useful in a long battle. Their impact damage makes them good against skeletons, too.

They can damage heavy infantry well, ever since their impact resistance was nerfed; beating heavy infantry is the key to beating loyalists. Interestingly, the heavy infantry often kills them after being damaged some, opening room for yet another zombie. This tactic can overwhelm tough positions, and is an interesting alternative form of BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA for the undead when adepts might not be ideal, like when the loyalist has a knalgan ally with ulfzerkers standing nearby.
1. Ghosts are not as tough as they are in any other fight. Your units resist them, and you aren't drained...so they are just really weak. skellie archers do3-3 at night, which is better than the 2-3 they do to you.
2. It is still a pain to kill HI with WC. Although the resistance dropped a bit, they still do far less than the HI does to them, even at night (IIRC)
3. drop the BFT in caplocks...this is a simple and old tactic, and although useful, nothing like using adepts...the chances of a WC actually dying at night, unless attacking from water/ice/etc is very small, unless 1/2 dead already. Although a useful thing to know, not as great as you seem to make it...

I use them to piss my opponents off. Seeing your almost leveled unit surrounded by WCs and gain no experience while they then kill your units is very frustrating, and really messes with people. Psychological Warfare.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I once set up a skirmish match with me playing as Undead with max cash, I overwhelmed the enemy (Loyalists) with only WCs. It was fun, but it took an eternity to play.
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
Doppelganger

Post by Doppelganger »

I like to use Walking Corpses as a defense line in case my other units can't hold it further out. It actually works well and buys time!

No unit is useless. It depends on how you play and what strategy you want to use.
To battle!