Your opinion

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JustForLaughs

Your opinion

Post by JustForLaughs »

What, in your opinion(or fact if you think it's true) is the most underused, underapperciated, underestimated default faction in the game.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Well, not many people use rebels, and some people seem to think undead are underpowered for some reason.
JW

Post by JW »

Flametrooper wrote:Well, not many people use rebels, and some people seem to think undead are underpowered for some reason.
You're mad.
toms

Post by toms »

There are already a lot of topics like this. The answer is that many people play random, as I do very often.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Still, I would say either the undead or drakes are underappreciated most.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Drakes after the upping of the Skirmisher cost. When it costed 12 gold, everyone was like "OMG saurian rush", then everyone went "OMG negative pierce res in Drakes", then Skirmisher got upped to 15 gold.

I haven't heard much of them after that.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Jew unit

Post by Jew unit »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Drakes after the upping of the Skirmisher cost. When it costed 12 gold, everyone was like "OMG saurian rush", then everyone went "OMG negative pierce res in Drakes", then Skirmisher got upped to 15 gold.

I haven't heard much of them after that.
heh the skirmisher really should be dropped to 14 but im too late to [censored] about it
2^x-1 mod x
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

seconded
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Starev91

Post by Starev91 »

I'd say drakes are the most underused, and undead are either underappreciated or overappreciated, depending on who you ask. I happen to overappreciate them, but that's just me.
Think numbers in a username is wierd? Think maybe I should've gone for something original? I was thinking maybe Terevet, but if someone knew me elsewhere they wouldn't recognize me then :)

Terevet is my MP name however.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Id say, dont get offended, that if two low players start playing, drakes are too good. Then if two midlle players play, drakes vs loyalist, rebels or undead can be a bit hard for drakes. I dunno how when two gawds play, but i suppose theyll find everything well balanced, because its them who balances the game.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Starev91

Post by Starev91 »

kshinji wrote:Id say, dont get offended, that if two low players start playing, drakes are too good. Then if two midlle players play, drakes vs loyalist, rebels or undead can be a bit hard for drakes. I dunno how when two gawds play, but i suppose theyll find everything well balanced, because its them who balances the game.
Drakes are power at a cost: They're incredibly good if you can use them well, choosing where you will fight, and they're stronger then another unit of the same level, and are also more expensive. If you're facing another low player, drakes will be invariable better-you can get their villages fast and then have a stronger force.

If you're facing another mid level player, they'll know how to trap drakes and use ZoC to hinder their movement.

High level players know how to use drakes best, so they'd probably be good with them, but no better then they would be with any other faction.
Think numbers in a username is wierd? Think maybe I should've gone for something original? I was thinking maybe Terevet, but if someone knew me elsewhere they wouldn't recognize me then :)

Terevet is my MP name however.
Ryker

Post by Ryker »

Even though I concider myself a midlevel player, I like playing drakes and I'm not doing to bad.
jaywalker

Post by jaywalker »

knalgans, due to their unattractive appearnce :P
who am i, you sure you want to know? i am another noob who thinks he play wesnoth long enough to modify the game
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Do i see a sweet, sweet avatar?.

May i ask for a link, maybe a source?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I just never play drakes. I used to do so a couple of times on multiplayer, when I had time to experiment (that was when I was stuck home for 2 weeks because of pleurisy at the beginning of this year), but I soon found them very underpowered. They are fun to play, and they have good graphics now, but they are ways too weak.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon