South Guard: Choice in the fog (ver. 1.1.7)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cheerful coffin

South Guard: Choice in the fog (ver. 1.1.7)

Post by cheerful coffin »

thx to the advice on "A Desparate Errand." I finally passed the level, but now I'm stuck on this one.

At turn 27, I finally find the Bandit leader, only to discover that the lich is at the far southeast :(. The map is huge :shock:

So I have to restart. I am not sure whether to ally with the elves or the outlaws though. What do you think?

And I need help on how to defeat enemies troops quickly. I guess I should have recruited elves units instead of recalling my veteran dragoons from start.
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

What you recruit/recall should be dependent on who you ally with, unless you're a stickler for RP. If you're going to ally with the elves, recruit mostly elves; otherwise, don't get any. The outlaw path seems a bit easier to me, but both are definitely playable.

Anyway, clear out the closer enemies, then go after the lich. I'm not sure what tips I could give you on defeating enemies more quickly... Shoot them?
cheerful coffin

Post by cheerful coffin »

hmm well the elves are powerful in this forest map, but they suck against skeleton that may exist in later scenarios.

On the contrary, the bandits are good against undead due to their impact attack. And if I ally with them, I don't have to fight them. The only problem is then I will only have one healer (the druid will be gone).

So obviously I should choose the bandits' side... unless they may betray me later on?
zol

Post by zol »

Remember that the criminals are at war with the undead anyway.

The main decision is what units you want to have available later.
Also, whether you want more XP from this scenario.

I haven't played the campaign with criminals yet (decided to play 'in character'), so I don't know how that would work out.
finite, infinite, definite