cheating (I'm not sure i'm on the right thread so correctme&

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

needhelppls.

cheating (I'm not sure i'm on the right thread so correctme&

Post by needhelppls. »

I know some of u think it's unethical, some of you may think it's stupid, but Wesnoth was made for fun and cheating enhances the fun experience. besides rules were meant to be broken. If you're just gonna ridicule me on this thread don't even bother but if you could help me answer some of my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. First, how do you change the stats of a campaign (money, recall units, campaign progress?

2. Second, how do you create a gigamonster (A superunit), if possible?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cheating (I'm not sure i'm on the right thread so correc

Post by Thrawn »

needhelppls. wrote:I know some of u think it's unethical, some of you may think it's stupid, but Wesnoth was made for fun and cheating enhances the fun experience. besides rules were meant to be broken. If you're just gonna ridicule me on this thread don't even bother but if you could help me answer some of my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. First, how do you change the stats of a campaign (money, recall units, campaign progress?

2. Second, how do you create a gigamonster (A superunit), if possible?
1. Go into your save file. (In Linux, /home/user/.wesnoth/saves/), and open the game you have saved. read through it, and find where it says gold="x" change this to gold="y"

then, to change units (my favorite is to give all traits/ improve them) find the list of units.
it will list hp, moves,exp, and traits. simpley change those numbers to make itlevel up, attack again, gain moves, and if you want go to the [trait] and change some of the numbers, such as strong to add_to_damage=10 or something.

2. You need to access (if in Linux) /usr/share/wesnoth/data/units or wherever units are kept. make your own unit by modifying something else, and name it whatever you want. example.
change name and ID to BFG. give it 1000hp, 1xp to AMLA, a 5000-10 attack, with [resistance]tag give it cold=0
------------------------------------fire=0
-------------------------------------etc...
give it a killer ranged attack, and the abilities you want it to have.

*NB-some of this may have changed--i'm using 1.0
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
toms

Post by toms »

No. For (2) you doenload "Liberty", then enter the debug mode and create avatars. :twisted:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
needhelppls.

Post by needhelppls. »

I have a mac and I don't know if where I can type in the string or if I even can. So both of your help is probaly invaluable to a PC, but virtually worthless for my Mac. If any of u developers, or mac users have any info it would be greatly apprecitated.

P.S.-I need some help in elves and wose.
sparr

Post by sparr »

saves cant just be edited, they are binary files
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

sparr wrote:saves cant just be edited, they are binary files
Yeah, you need to first go to the preferences and set binary saves off. Then save the game, and the savefile will be quite editable.
Sauron

Post by Sauron »

zookeeper wrote:
sparr wrote:saves cant just be edited, they are binary files
Yeah, you need to first go to the preferences and set binary saves off. Then save the game, and the savefile will be quite editable.
They are - just use hex editor (requires knowledge of hexadecimal system)
Sauron
Customize yourself random factor in game:
GET my mod [available as C++ sourcecode and compiled Windows executable] for wesnoth 1.6.4
at http://saurons-mod.zor.org/
Mod thread
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26803
scott

Post by scott »

To change game files:

Find the BFW icon.
Control click on it.
Select "show package contents."
Go to Contents > Resources > data

Depending on your game version, the official campaign scenario files will be under data/campaigns/xxx/scenarios (1.1+) or data/scenarios/xxx (1.0). They are all plain text files. If you double click on them the may not open up properly on their own. Drag the file onto Text Edit to open it or control-click, select "get info," and make all .cfg files open in Text Edit.

At this point you have to have some knowledge of WML, but you can probably figure out how to modify gold or turns on your own.

If you do some exploring in the data directory you will find all the units, and the process for modifying their stats is the same. You'll probably be able to figure it out if you look at it long enough.

If you go to the Create tab above and follow the first link (EditingWesnoth) it will explain this more.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
needhelppls.

Post by needhelppls. »

Depending on your game version, the official campaign scenario files will be under data/campaigns/xxx/scenarios (1.1+) or data/scenarios/xxx (1.0). They are all plain text files. If you double click on them the may not open up properly on their own. Drag the file onto Text Edit to open it or control-click, select "get info," and make all .cfg files open in Text Edit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks scott, it was wonderful info but the last two folders "xxx/scenarios (1.1+)". also I want to correct saves not mutilate the campaign altogether, so if you can help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. on "campaigns" why doesn't it show my add-on campaign's? or is it because I just downloaded a new version?