Elves and Wose

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

needhelppls.

Elves and Wose

Post by needhelppls. »

Hello everybody, this is my first post in a long time. I was frustrated with my campaigns for a time and now i've cooled down. When I came back to play I discovered this wonderful little campaign somewhat reminiscent of earlier elvish campaign's, but I came up with the conclusion that Kalenz II is still in Wesmere. I found it most enjoyable except this nasty little scenario called "dwarf in need". It's fairly simple to kill the leaders but the dwarvish leader Olurf is always getting himself and his armies killed. How can I remedy that?
im the one you think of

Post by im the one you think of »

I haven't played the scenario myself but if your finding it that dificult you could just lower the aggression rating of Olurfs side in the scenario file.
Ssshh! I'm secretly male.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

im the one you think of wrote:I haven't played the scenario myself but if your finding it that dificult you could just lower the aggression rating of Olurfs side in the scenario file.
That would be basically the same as... cheating.

I find that scenario difficult too for the same reason. Even more difficult than in LoW. I didn't try hard, actually. The main difficulty is to kill the trolls, that are at one side of the map, and protect Olurf, at the other side.
But your strategy depends on what leveled units and how much gold you have. Woses are good to defend yourself against trolls, but they won't kill them. One or two Elvish rangers would help there. Though a lvl3 troll is tough...
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
toms

Post by toms »

I took some rangers and launched a few fast shots on the Warlord next to Olurf. Then I went to kill the other two leaders.
But I have to mention that i decided in the beginning to make a lot of champions and avengers. :wink:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
needhelppls.

Post by needhelppls. »

I have 189 gold:
1 high exp. wose
2 elder woses, 1 high exp.
1 high exp. lvl 2 ranger
1 high exp. fighter
3 1/2 exp. rangers

I have also saved at a spot where I killed the first orcish leader.

Oh... and "im the one you think of",
if you could help me with my "cheating" thread it looks like you have some good ideas.
toms

Post by toms »

If you already killed the first warlord, do the troll next, and spread your elves a bit. The woses can be good to kill the trolls.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

But beware of goblin pillagers! (for woses)
Send rangers and woses into the woods where trolls are. Kill them, while you help protecting Olurf with the rest of your army. But don't get Kalenz II too close to the keep, because if you do so, Olurf won't recruit anymore and throw himself into the battle like a kamikaze.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Silence of Echo

Post by Silence of Echo »

Try to use your elvish shamans if you have any.

Their entangle attacks can greatly reduce the amount of damage that high-damage units, like trolls, can do. Bring in a shaman to weaken the troll then support it with archers/fighters.

I have not played this scenario so correct me if im totally ignoring some important fact (i.e. = cannot recruit shamans...)
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

You can recruit shamans, and you can use them by protecting them by woses and support them with a couple of archers, but the real problem here is to be quick : you must kill the troll leader before the orcs attack you there and before Olurf gets himself killed.
whitewizard

glad you enjoyed it...but

Post by whitewizard »

I am happy to see you all had fun playing the old version of Elves and Wose. As the designer of that campaign, I have decided that it encroached too much on the intellectual property of the original LOW, designed by Santi. As a result, I have overhauled this campaign completely. If you have the old version, and enjoy playing it, please keep this mind when it comes to downloading the new Elves and Wose campaign in the future (you will need to rename the old one and keep it in a different folder). I am no longer supporting the old campaign server, and have gone over to the 1.1.2 campaign server. I have also helped Santi update the LoW so that it can be played on the new campaign server as well.

Incidentally, about game play. With the elvish race (my favorite in case you can't tell), I am a big proponent of the shaman line. It's true that while level 1 shamans are not big powerhouses, they have amazing defensive elusiveness. But the Elvish Sylph (lvl4) is one of the most powerful units out there. So my advice when playing elves, is make as many Shyde's and Sylphs as possible. Shydes will heal your Sylphs as they destroy everyone with 5*11 blasts. And, because they both fly, they can go in for the quick kill and get out. It truly is the way to go. After that, the Avengers are pretty helpful too, especially since they have the ambush trait.

All the best,
WhiteWizard
Elvish Orc Slayer

Post by Elvish Orc Slayer »

hey guys. Im kinda new here and this campaign sound really cool. anyone know wher5e or from whom I cen download it from.

much thanks

The Elvish Orc Slayer
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Additional, usermade campaigns can be downloaded from the campaign server.
Open Wesnoth, click "Campaigns" and then chose "Get More Campaigns" and connect to the server that is suggested.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde