Neorice's Unit Thread! (I need attention; you can give!!)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

For all you cute and intolerably silly people here's a preview with what I'm doing next; The One!

The only!

Neoricce's faction 2.0! (Drakes was 1.0 for those unfamiliar with my contribution to Wesnoth.)

This is what I did today for a Chaos/ Evil human people/ Look I have a rhino- faction,

First is a normal melee soldier line that branches off in big defence or big damage;

Second is the Ulfzerker's human adversary, with all new and improved Impact Berzerker.

Last in the row is the silly demon dog that turns more and more tough and evil as he levels! (wooh!)

Above all that I've also added a really really tough champion (on hors!) just because he looks really cool;

any ideas for other units that'd fit this type of faction would be appreciated; Though I may note that they're not really range based (except for mages) because "Brutally slaughter" and "Arrows" just don't mix that well.
Attachments
chaos.png
chaos.png (17.21 KiB) Viewed 6055 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Ranged doesn't necessarily imply arrows (consider, for example, the Drakes and Rocklobbers). I'd love to see something with a ranged slashing attack (think whirling blades of death).
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Yeah, but most of those type of attacks come from mages; whom I noted as exception on their range rule.
nonobots

Post by nonobots »

xtifr wrote:Ranged doesn't necessarily imply arrows (consider, for example, the Drakes and Rocklobbers). I'd love to see something with a ranged slashing attack (think whirling blades of death).
1- Shurikens
2- thrown axes
3- really really long polearms (:P)
4- magical flying sword (what's the name from DnD?)
5- long tentacle-held blades

3 and 5 are somewhat silly
1, 2 and 4 could easily be used by a chaotic human/demon faction
zinder

Post by zinder »

6. shakra - a circular one edged blade, either frown like a frisbee with a sideway swing or rotated around the hand up to speed and then released.
7. blade-bola
8. spiked balls
9. bomerang
nonobots

Post by nonobots »

zinder wrote:6. shakra - a circular one edged blade, either frown like a frisbee with a sideway swing or rotated around the hand up to speed and then released.
7. blade-bola
8. spiked balls
9. bomerang
7 blade range that slows?
8 would be impact or pierce
9 would be impact
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Boomerang would be blade, one of the points is supposed to go inside the body of your target, just like any knife, except that this one flies, and if built correctly, returns when you miss :) .
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

So that it hits you instead! If you want to brutally slaughter someone with a ranged attack, I have several options:

An incredibly strong guy with an incredibly long polearm;
A "Great Leap" attack;
A huge rock to be thrown;
A grenade thrower!
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Brutally slaugther ....
Throwing a "whirling too large thing to really be thown with many razor blades"...Add some fantasy not use the old boring real-life weapons.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

My god, I just ment they didn't have any real range-based units just like dwarves; Must you guys REALLY have to do this to my thread? ;(
nonobots

Post by nonobots »

Neoriceisgood wrote:My god, I just ment they didn't have any real range-based units just like dwarves; Must you guys REALLY have to do this to my thread? ;(
I guess we got side-tracked! Anyway they would look really silly with boomerangs.

What do you plan for the mages? Really evil things I hope! Something more than fireball or lightning bolt. Drain is already used a lot but would fit. Can melee attacks be magical? That would be very nice.
wisdomless

Post by wisdomless »

We only do it because we care...
:mrgreen:
If stupidity got me into this, it should get me out.

Most pointless statement of the year award goes to me!
"People are lazy unless they care."
I'd like to thank unsung for this award... and all the people who helped make this possible...
xaero_radiance

Post by xaero_radiance »

I read on a thread here that Neorice has left...is that true?
cos if your still here Neorice can you make a Raistlin Majere character? I can't think of anyone better to do it. Hehe it pretty safe to say he doesn't need a death animation...
This is because I'm gonna make a campaign based on the DragonLance-Legends book series. I saw your deathriders and I'm gonna use them as Lord Soths Death Knight mates. So I reckon you could do Raistlin well.
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 683#103683
Disto

Post by Disto »

Neoriceisgood wrote: Second is the Ulfzerker's human adversary, with all new and improved Impact Berzerker.
Ahem the Uflserker's 2nd human adversary, i've already been there fool. :P

@Xaero check the dates of that thread.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
xaero_radiance

Post by xaero_radiance »

ah...august 2003...woops...