Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Magical Attack Icons (part 4 added)

Post by Iris »

@Neoskel: Your downscaled icons have a dark background around the icon’s borders. The icons in mainline have a transparent background instead. Just noting.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
melinath

Post by melinath »

Any chance of getting these as a reusable add-on?
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Thread Necromancy, but with good cause.

I've finally gotten around to putting the Wesnoth style icons as an add-on on the add-on server for 1.10. Go check it out.
I fixed the issue with the non-transparent backgrounds and added in alternate plain rock icons with more natural looking highlights.
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

I am very sorry for necro-posting, but can somebody put these icons on the 1.12 server? I don't have 1.10 now and a download link from here http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.10/index.html is not working. Thank you in advance.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I suspect the 1.10 web link was broken because addon directory name contained space. Therefore I accepted and uploaded it to 1.12 server.

I have no art skills so if someone here returned I would happily send the passphrase.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Cc-by and Cc-by-sa are fairly simple to understand, but what does the GPL do when it comes to art assets?
Nikita_Sadkov

Post by Nikita_Sadkov »

Kestenvarn wrote:Cc-by and Cc-by-sa are fairly simple to understand, but what does the GPL do when it comes to art assets?
GPL looks like CC-BY-SA in that you have to publish all changes to content under the same license. But GPL doesn't have the explicit attribution requirement.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

We've gone back and forth on what exactly it means a few times on the forums, if you search you can find some links.

Here's an article I am across recently on the subject that wasn't linked in early discussions iirc: http://archive09.linux.com/feature/119212

IIUC the official position of BfW project is, GPL art does not mean you have to release your photoshop project files / music score sheets / whatever, we consider that the finished work provided by the artist is the "preferred modifiable form". There is some note in the source tree spelling out explicitly what our interpretation is.
Nikita_Sadkov wrote: GPL looks like CC-BY-SA in that you have to publish all changes to content under the same license. But GPL doesn't have the explicit attribution requirement.
+1
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

So basically this only requires me to credit Eleazar and provide copies of the edits I'm making to his assets? Sounds simple enough.