Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Era of Myths art project thread

Post by irrevenant »

Resize (and minor tweaking) of Eternal's Flesh Artisan to fit the standard sizes (he's the same height as the Lieutenant, incl. plume which seemed about right).
Image Image Image
flesh_artisan-resized.png
flesh_artisan-resized.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 5347 times
BTW, the Flesh Artisan reminds me of somebody.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

megane wrote: Anyhow, so far the Bloodborn, Fledgling, Noble, Sire, Duelist, and Sword Dancer are done; the Thin Blood line shouldn't take long, but I'll have to draw a whole new sprite for the Methuselem, since Melon didn't like it ^^;
The female version of "Sire" would be "Dame", possibly Matriarch or something else if you don't like that.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I tried putting the warg into the game, and aside from having to edit the pink squares out of the backround, I'm having problems with the shadows, they don't look right. Should I just edit them out too or is there something that can be done for them?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

@Velensk:
Attachments
warg.zip
(22.61 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

First of all: Thanks megane/jester those new warg look very good ingame, I've started coding in my changes for delta 3, and amoung other things I've implimented the wargs bear, but I have to say that the art I stole for this could use some major improvment. Under the current lore, the bears are a very distant genus of the warg, that prefer to hunt at day.

Also, eternal: Although that looks very good out of game, it does not quite do the trick ingame. I think part of it is that the hair happens to be the same color as the skin so it blends giving an indestict shape. People have mentioned that the old one might be fine, so if anyone can post it so that I can see/maybe immpliment it, I'd be greatfull.

Here is an updated wishlist of art

-lvl 3 vinebeast
-lvl 3 rock golum
-lvl 3 Therian gaurd
-gargoyals without a base (more like creatures, and less like stachues)
-More work on therian shifters human/animal especialy for higher lvls and snake line.
-Aura attack animations for therians
-New therian apprentice
-Art for a mounted crusader (Another crusader advancment I'd like to add) would be called a quester, and weild holy sword and lance
-better bear art
-blackfur
-bloodborn forms (for a list of forms look in the development thread in factions/eras
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Hey this unit never got added to a release even though I posted it many moons ago...

Working on redrawing the Celestial magic user. Also redrawing the Divine Knight (lvl 2 warrior branch w/mace [I think that's the name])
Attachments
crusader-protector.png
crusader-protector.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

EDIT: misread your post the first time

That looks cleaner than the current sprite, I'm putting it in right now.

EDIT2: Ok I tried putting it in, and there where two problems, one of which I could fix easily, one of which I couldn't.
1: There are two grey dots near the right edge that are almost invisable, but they show up on leader selection, and other things.
2: the shadow looks wrong, more like a grey puddle at his feet than a shadow.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

:wink:
Attachments
still need the methusalem... ú-ù
still need the methusalem... ú-ù
revamp.png (22.5 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
vampires.zip
updated bloodborn lines
(116.03 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
hee hee! - little girl
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Apologies, but I went ahead and biggerized that Protector...

edit: oops, dp :augh:

edit with feeling: for reasons I can't understand, part of the fledglings' shadows were green, so I redid them.
Attachments
crusader-protector.png
crusader-protector.png (2.81 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
fledgeling.png
fledgeling.png (4.46 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
fledgeling-female.png
fledgeling-female.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Just asking, but are the mistress and duchess supposed to be their own units, or are they some variation to the others?

EDIT: also could you post that list of vampire names?
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

The Mistress and Duchess basically didn't get past the concept stage; Melon created them to be commander-only units with leadership, but since Nobles got leadership back they're pretty much unnecessary. The sprites are good though; if you'd like I might be able to shoehorn them into being the female Noble and Sire (Dame, I guess).

Names list:
Attachments
vampnames.txt
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
hee hee! - little girl
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

The fledgeling female would need some retouch, because its hard to discern which one is male or female (maybe a longer hair and or variation in the pose could do the trick.

The crusader looks nice :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
JW

Post by JW »

megane = supreme pixel hotness in 3 different languages.

For some reson the biggerized celestial looks askew; it looks like he's shrugging his left shoulder. Also, the shield needs to be redone: biggerizing it just makes the peculiar angle he's holding it at stand out more.
JW

Post by JW »

megane wrote:So, the concept of giving the EoM a specific setting has been discussed a bit, and I had some time on the train, so:

:eng:
It's a very well done map with the overlay. There are 4 issues I have with it though:
1) The Warg should be south of the Therians/West of the Celestials
2) The Therian area should be somewhat smaller
3) The Celestial are should be significantly larger
4) The Celestials should control more plains areas which seem somewhat lacking on this map.

You do have it right that the Celestials and Warg areas should be close to each other, though with the Warg place west of the Celestials in this map, a vast sea would seem to separate them. The Celestials are not very water-adept, but they are supposed to pose a potential looming threat to the sanctity of the Warg forests. With the layout of the water as it is it seems this wouldn't be possible with the tweaked positions.

I do love the style of the map and I think you could tweak the current one to be consistent with the above points. Alternatively, you could try redrawing it with the chasm as well, or just ignore it altogether. :P

I'd like to see a redrawing with the chasm in place though. Also, remember that the Therians came from the NW (they are SE of Wesnoth [in theory still]), so that is where potential mainline Wesnoth-ish type units could be. Maybe. :P

Oh yah, didn't someone have the idea that the Devlings would kindof link the two "worlds" together somehow? I don't remember.....anyway, it's late and I'm rewriting this WAAAAAAY too many times for my own good.....

ttyall later.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Why are the Therians still using the ancient outdated mage graphics?

melon made some perfectly good ones.
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 07#p282507