WML obfuscating ;-)

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.

When I put secrets in my scenarios,...

I want them hidden perfectly.
4%
I do not care if someone spoils the fun by reading the script.
69%
What? Secrets?! Isn't this supposed to be a *strategic* game?
27%

Total votes: 26

Nyxl

Post by Nyxl »

I would not mind people re-using whatever WML snippet I might come to share here. I'm an O-O developer, so that's the kind of "flaw" I expected to grow.

I have taken a habit of writing the most readable code possible, whatever the language. And defining macro/functions to increase scalability and re-usability is something I like very much.

If people would read the scenarios when or before playing it, I'd say it's their own choice, I won't blame them for spoiling their fun. Besides, it may be interpreted as an interesting advice per se : it means that either the scenario is too obscure, and it might lead to constructive criticism about either the scenario itself, or the very code.
jg

Post by jg »

The reson why I voted for the second option was: if someone reads the script before he plays the scenario/campaign, he is just spoiling his own fun (if there is something hidden).

I (nearly) always play the scenario, and if there happened something special I want to know how to code, I look at the code after I finished