Conflicting files in binary_path

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Conflicting files in binary_path

Post by Atreides »

I've recently managed to get my wesnoths to output their logs (that was harder than it should have been especially for the flatpak version) and have been looking through them and I often see this one. It always applies to files with the same name but oddly they are not always identical bit for bit.

So what I was wondering is

Does the warning matter?
If yes then what exactly causes it?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Conflicting files in binary_path

Post by Pentarctagon »

It means that a file was referenced in a way that isn't unique, so the file used might not be the intended one.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Suppose two add-ons contain an "images/units/blue-mage.png", and both have a unit that uses that image. The warning means that one of the images is going to be used for both units, and the other image will be ignored.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Thanks, I've seen the effect now. Amazed that an add-on attack icon over-rode a mainline one, wouldn't have thought it possible.