Failed to load scenario (#@%$!)

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
denispir

Re: Failed to load scenario (#@%$!)

Post by denispir »

Pentarctagon wrote: November 10th, 2019, 2:25 pm Note also that in the scenario file, #idfef and #enddif are not valid preprocessor directives.
Yop! Thank you ;-). Must have been tired when typed that.
That's why my HARD variant did not work properly... (I like to differenciate diff level by various means instead of gold)
denispir

Re: Failed to load scenario (#@%$!)

Post by denispir »

Hello,

I have yet again this error "Failed to load scenario". Last time, I ended up thinking that the engine fails to use the latest version and remains sticked on a really erroneous version (eg wrong "define" in _main) even after correction. In effect, after all kinds of vain research, changing to another campaign name/folder while keeping all content unchanged solved the issue (erasing the cache did not). This time it cannot be the case.

I did not change anything related to folder structure or naming before getting this error. And I could run the campaign's first (and only) scenario a dozen times in the same work session. I'm working on an action [move_units_together] implemented in Lua. Since I had an issue with unit filter [1], I decided to try with an existing tag, namely [transform_unit]. First I got a correct error from the engine (forgot to change the closing tag name). Then, when this was corrected, is when I got the fatal error. How can this happen?

I still reviewed all about "define", folders, scenarion id etc... I even once again erased the cache and changed to another campaign name/folder, all in vain. Anyway, obviously, the error has nothing to do with that. It kills all my momentum, now that I had the time to work on that and was really motivated. (I will replay UtBS instead!)

I read somewhere that some errors are followed by this "Failed to load scenario". I suspect that, maybe, the engine finds another error but fails to output this error message, and I get only the second one. Possible?

Below the related piece of code (up the new tag, below the old one commented out):

Code: Select all

[event]
        name = turn 2
        [message]
            speaker = Upper
            message = _"My friends and myself now change to Troll Warriors."
        [/message]
        [transform_unit]
            #side = 2
            id = Upper, Lefter, Righter
            transform_to = Troll Warrior
        [/transform_unit]
        [message]
            speaker = Upper
            message = _"Done."
        [/message]
    [/event]

#~ [event]
        #~ name = turn 2
        #~ [message]
            #~ speaker = Upper
            #~ message = _"My friends and myself now move toward southwest, to the primitive village."
        #~ [/message]
        #~ [move_units_together]
            #~ id = Upper, Lefter, Righter
            #~ [goal]
                #~ x, y = 15, 11
            #~ [/goal]
        #~ [/move_units_together]
        #~ [message]
            #~ speaker = Upper
            #~ message = _"Done."
        #~ [/message]
    #~ [/event]
[1] The problem is with multiple id's like: id = id1, id2, id3: I get only id1. If someone know how to solve that...