Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
meowreka

Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?

Post by meowreka »

http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.6/Age ... ds.tar.bz2

I made this a year ago, in the development version at the time (v1.7.7 I believe?) and shortly after I sort of dropped the game. I was making this more or less just to pass the time, and, well, to see if I could. It was fun to make, and I want to revisit it.

It's just I've been away from this stuff for so long, I have no idea what to look for any more.

I know I'm probably going to get snobby "do it yourself" answers, and that's fine. But if anyone could just be a kind soul and help me out with this one thing and tell me what I need to do and not just tell me to look it up on google that would make my day.

edit:
What doesn't work, in particular, is everything. None of the units seem to be appearing...
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?

Post by zookeeper »

For starters, use "{~add-ons/" instead of "{@add-ons/". @ isn't supported anymore.
meowreka

Post by meowreka »

zookeeper wrote:For starters, use "{~add-ons/" instead of "{@add-ons/". @ isn't supported anymore.
When did it change? Was it in 1.7 or 1.8?

That seems to have made it work very well. I remember what I used this for. I was trying to make my own abilities. I encourage other people to try it out, as well, and check out some of the abilities I made like "Ripped Pocket" and "Possess."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

1.7, which is the development branch that gave birth to the stable branch currently known as 1.8. (More details about the version system here if you are interested.)

More specifically, {@path} was deprecated in version 1.7.0 in favor of {~path} due to the <preferences dir>/data/campaigns<preferences dir>/data/add-ons transition taking place in that version. Code support for {@path} may have been finally removed around 1.7.4.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.