exclusive advancments?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
deoxy

exclusive advancments?

Post by deoxy »

If you are creating AMLAs for a unit, I see that you can require certain other AMLAs before one is allowed... is it possible to require certain AMLAs NOT to be taken?

Example:

Cold Breath - the unit's Fire Breath becomes Cold instead
Holy Breath - the unit's Fire Breath becomes Holy instead (yes, I know it's called "arcane" in the dev branch)

A unit should not be able to take both of those - one of them will simply do nothing (probably the second one, as it would filter for "Fire Breath", which would no longer exist).

Granted, that's not the best example in the world, but it makes the point: is there a way to do that?
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: exclusive advancments?

Post by zookeeper »

deoxy wrote:If you are creating AMLAs for a unit, I see that you can require certain other AMLAs before one is allowed... is it possible to require certain AMLAs NOT to be taken?
I'd guess not directly. Of course you can go around that, by for example creating [variation]s of the unit with a different AMLA options and then also switching to a corresponding variation when choosing the cold/holy breath attack (might be really clumsy to do if you have several mutually exclusive choices, instead of just one like in the example here).
deoxy

Post by deoxy »

I guess I'll have to explore how to use "variations" - it's looks like a pain in the rear, so I had been trying to avoid it...

On question about variations and levels and AMLAs - when it come to required AMLAs, does leveling or changing variations make you "lose" acquired AMLAs? I know you get to keep the effects, but I'm not sure where what AMLAs you've taken are saved.

Example: Having an AMLA that gives you an extra attack type, then having an AMLA at the next level that enhances the extra attack from the previous AMLA - it should even be offered if you didn't take the previous AMLA. Also, if you offer the extra attack AMLA in both places (that is, at level 1 and level 2, for instance), it shouldn't be available at level 2 if you took it at level 1...

Thanks for your quick responses on so many questions.
Insert nifty witticism here... if only I had one.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

You should file a feature request. It is on the long list of things that I would like to do someday. It's not too hard, but it is pretty low on the priority list.
gabe

Post by gabe »

how does the inhert work
I use 1.2.3
but it no seem to work consistently as a strict inheritance model
when I use it as I have a macroed out unit
and the inheritance no do as expected
how does it work?
happy timezone traveler