The Elvish Shyde violates RIPLIB!

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

I should get around to coding that "multiple attack specials" patch, one of these days, even if it can't go in before 1.0.

Then you could have "slow, magic". =)

"It's the best of both worlds!" - Lo Pan
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Jetryl wrote:I should get around to coding that "multiple attack specials" patch, one of these days, even if it can't go in before 1.0.

Then you could have "slow, magic". =)

"It's the best of both worlds!" - Lo Pan
I think it would be nice feature. Of couse very powerful... but IMO it would be good for some of the lvl3 units.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Dragonking wrote:Of couse very powerful...
4-2 melee isn't very powerful, even if it does have slow and magical. Yes, it's effective at slowing the enemy, but a 3-3 or 4-3 slow attack would be about as effective... Magical makes an attack better against high defense by a certain amount, less better against medium defense, but all by pretty much fixed multipliers.
Dragonking wrote:but IMO it would be good for some of the lvl3 units
As long as we don't go ability-crazy; but adding a small potential to do so is not a problem... I haven't seen any regenerates-illuminates-skirmish-drain abominations in practice, even though it is perfectly possible to make such a unit type currently.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Dragonking wrote:Of couse very powerful...
4-2 melee isn't very powerful, even if it does have slow and magical. Yes, it's effective at slowing the enemy, but a 3-3 or 4-3 slow attack would be about as effective... Magical makes an attack better against high defense by a certain amount, less better against medium defense, but all by pretty much fixed multipliers.
Dragonking wrote:but IMO it would be good for some of the lvl3 units
As long as we don't go ability-crazy; but adding a small potential to do so is not a problem... I haven't seen any regenerates-illuminates-skirmish-drain abominations in practice, even though it is perfectly possible to make such a unit type currently.
Although drain would be for the attack, not unit ability. :)
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Ankka wrote:Although drain would be for the attack, not unit ability. :)
I know, that's why I didn't put two attack abilities in :) although that's still possible if they're on different attacks.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Ankka wrote:Although drain would be for the attack, not unit ability. :)
I know, that's why I didn't put two attack abilities in :) although that's still possible if they're on different attacks.
Ah, ok. I thought you were just stacking unit abilities.