1.0 Feature List

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

sold units could go to the store of your campaing, so you can buy them a few maps later.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

What about an unit-list that only shows the units you have met/gotten troughout the game :O ? or would this be to hard?
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

What use should have that list?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

tigrezno wrote:yep, it could be crazy, but answering "no" is not a good response at all. Give reasons.
no.

i've voiced my opinion, and i'm not going to keep arguing, because all it does is waste time. I dislike the idea, and that is that.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote:
tigrezno wrote:yep, it could be crazy, but answering "no" is not a good response at all. Give reasons.
no.

i've voiced my opinion, and i'm not going to keep arguing, because all it does is waste time. I dislike the idea, and that is that.
I dislike the idea too.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Reason...
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

Good reasons, thanks. I hope 1.0 will have well balanced teams, and drakes ermm... no comments
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

;_; I like my drakes ::hugs the scaly critters he made::
tigrezno

Post by tigrezno »

and other feature request, soul shooter should have any special (right now it doesn't - 0.8.1)
Also, skeletons should have 3º level unit and ghouls should be added to standard game having impact resistance.

Only with those simple features, undead can be well balanced against others.
atoi

Post by atoi »

and other feature request, soul shooter should have any special (right now it doesn't - 0.8.1)
Current version is 0.8.4.
welll... if you say so. :wink:

Are you losing with Undead in MP? I find them quite well balanced in MP.[/quote]
atoi
tigrezno

Re: ...

Post by tigrezno »

atoi wrote:
Current version is 0.8.4.
welll... if you say so. :wink:

Are you losing with Undead in MP? I find them quite well balanced in MP.
[/quote]

My post was from 4 August. Read dates first.
capitol

Post by capitol »

What does people feel about voiceover to the campain? Me and a friend have a test batch (http://www.sigma.su.se/~capitol/wesnoth2/english/). If you like it and are willing to include it in the game we are willing to start doing this more seriously, engage more people and so on.

One drawback would be that it would be alot of data, it would probably have to be a sepparate package.

And if you don't want it to 1.0 will you include it later?
Simons Mith

Minimap needs attention

Post by Simons Mith »

Note that I'm stuck on 0.8.7 for the foreseeable, so this may already have been addressed, but the minimap does need attention.

Two things - one, it should have the same aspect ratio as the map you are actually fighting on. That will either mean the minimap changing size from one map to another, or that you inevitably have it in letterbox mode sometime when playing on an exceptionally wide or tall map.

Two, the minimap need to use error diffusion of some kind rather than the current naive scaling method.

I can probably find you a summary of how to implement Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion if you need it. It sounds grand but it's actually pretty simple. That would be more than an adequate fix.
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

I would like to suggest that someone change the color of the credits roll (in HttT, at least). Currently it plays black text on a background of tan with black writing...it's pretty difficult to read the names. White credits would be much easier to see.
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

stillnotelf wrote:I would like to suggest that someone change the color of the credits roll (in HttT, at least). Currently it plays black text on a background of tan with black writing...it's pretty difficult to read the names. White credits would be much easier to see.
I would say just don't have the map in the background. Instead, have something without black lines on it at all - basically, a blank white parchment. Otherwise, any color will be difficult to read, because it will blend in with the black, blend in with the tan, or be a really light color (like white) that is hard to read.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm