Vampires - offshoot of Werewolves (see Werewolves top first)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Death's Advocate

Vampires - offshoot of Werewolves (see Werewolves top first)

Post by Death's Advocate »

As mentioned in the previous topic it would be cool to have werewolves as a faction in a new era. I personally like vampires more than werewolves and am going to state the basis for a vampire faction. Here is my original plan

L1 L2 L3 L4
Vampire ->Duelist ->Weaponmaster ->Blood-Father
->Hunter ->Vampire Woodsman

Half-blood ->Assasin ->Blood-brother
->Necromaniac ->Tactician

Acolyte ->Blood Addict ->Frenzied Human
->Cultist ->Worshiper

This table states that there are 3 things to recruit from the keep:
A Full-blood Vampire, Stronger and faster than most charachters and
"at one" with nature. Vampires, although they hate humans and struggle to obtain world domination do not hate nature. They try to preserve it and are willing to fight for it. after the vampire reaches a certain amount of experience they have the choice to become a duelist or a hunter

Duelist: Melee Attacker only have no experience with ranged weapons - upgrades to Weaponmaster who is better with melee weapons and can throw daggers. eventually it upgrades to blood father, the blood father has lost many human features and has the strength of 10 normal vampires.

Hunter:Ranged attacker - he strives to gain prime blood and hunts down people with better blood, faster than all other vampires he also has ambush. Upgrades to Vampire Woodsman who is a master with a bow and can also ambush.

Half-blood's can take two paths, that of a necromaniac or that of an Assasin. The assasin has ambush and is a master of melee weapons (not as strong as a vampire though). He upgrades to blood-brother and is a guard-type figure.

Necromaniacs are those who are obsessed with death. They call upon their vampire energy to unleash sudden gasps of energy. These do alot of ranged damage. They upgrade into a Tactician who has the leadership ability and can shoot more condensed energy out of his staff.

The last group are acolytes - these are in no way vampires but they do worship vampires. They are used as envoys as they are neutral. There are two paths, either blood addict or cultist.

Blood Addicts are humans who drink blood regularly and have developed a craving for it, they are almost rabid in their actions and are more powerful than normal humans. They upgrade to Frenzied humans, and are even more powerful, they go crazy ripping people apart.

Cultists are those who follow the hidden path. They worship vampires for their power and are addicted to giving vampires their blood. They can can spells, although not as powerful as necromaniacs they can cast powerful spells. They upgrade into worshipers, these ppl have no life outside their vampiric duties although they have a certain degree of leadership ability.
:P :P Heya, ppl :P :P
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

We already have a vampire lady somewhere, but I don't know where to find her, except in some specific eras...
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Honestly, I don't know that we'd want to see an entire faction of vampires. Unless you can put a really interesting new spin on them, they're kinda cliched...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

go to the multiplayer forum and there is another guy making a vampire faction I believe he already has some art (for the basic characters). He also has the stats and art for the vampire lady
mickyg

Post by mickyg »

i need your help so far i have come up with vampire fighter and archers and banshies but i am not very good at the art ill email you what ive got at the moment
Isliodoth

Post by Isliodoth »

irrevenant wrote:Honestly, I don't know that we'd want to see an entire faction of vampires. Unless you can put a really interesting new spin on them, they're kinda cliched...
Why not make them completely obsessed with blood! :twisted:
()
/[]\
/ \
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Isliodoth wrote:
irrevenant wrote:Honestly, I don't know that we'd want to see an entire faction of vampires. Unless you can put a really interesting new spin on them, they're kinda cliched...
Why not make them completely obsessed with blood! :twisted:
true, I suppose vampires being obssessed with blood isn't ...cliched....oh wait, nevermind

*buries head in shame*
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
mickyg

Post by mickyg »

sinse vampires feed of the blood of the living then shouldnt we have like a bite attack which drains
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

mickyg wrote:sinse vampires feed of the blood of the living then shouldnt we have like a bite attack which drains
Yeh, drain would be a near-constant amongst vampire units.

Thrawn/Isliodoth:
The novel "Lost Souls" had an interesting spin on vampires, where they were just another branch of human evolution that fed on blood. They weren't undead and couldn't pass on any 'vampiric curse' (they did have fangs and were abnormally strong, though). That was a nice change from the standard, but I wouldn't necessarily suggest it for use in Wesnoth.

One way to make them a bit different would be to make them primarily a mage faction: They make sense as an offshoot of the Necromancer line, and as such it'd make sense for them to have walking corpses in the faction too.

IMO, the standard vampire makes an okay monster, but lacks the depth to make a faction.
pigandforks

Post by pigandforks »

i hate the fact that when people make new factions they are one race. Factions are not always one race. I cannot see an entire faction of vampire working, maybe vampires and werewolves should team up like drakes and saurians.
Isliodoth

Post by Isliodoth »

pigandforks wrote:i hate the fact that when people make new factions they are one race. Factions are not always one race. I cannot see an entire faction of vampire working, maybe vampires and werewolves should team up like drakes and saurians.
Yeah, well:

VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES HATE EACH OTHERS GUTS!
()
/[]\
/ \
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I think it wouldn't be a good idea to try and base a faction solely on either werewolves or vampires, mainly because I can't imagine that enough diversity can easily enough be found in a single race. What I would like to see and what I think could work, instead, would be to combine all of these + some other fitting creatures as well. Vampires, werewolves or wolfmen, gargoyles, witches, etc. An alliance of several races of creatures.

My vision for this faction would be to make most of the units generally strong, but with each one having some major weaknesses in resistance or terrain (more so than factions/units usually). I can elaborate on those later, if this sort of faction gets support. I also have some ideas about the unit tree, but I won't start writing it down unless someone else thinks this is a good idea.

General backstory could be tied somewhat to the undead, with the two factions mostly having different goals and philosophies. Undead are more about conquest and "pure evil". These are more isolationist, not interested in conquest as such, and just "chaotic" instead of evil in the undead sense, and especially vampires and wolfmen being quite arrogant and proud chaps. Undead are about swarming with nameless hordes of corpses, whereas these are living creatures (well, not counting perhaps gargoyles) seeking power through individual development. Vampires are the thinkers and leaders. Wolfmen are the army, but also intelligent creatures. Gargoyles and such are the mindless familiars/slaves. Witches are the support. They're uninterested in, and perhaps even dismissive of, the affairs of others as long as they get to live in peace.

Thoughts?

EDIT: More one-liner descriptions:
  • The chaotic faction not bent on conquering all.
  • The faction that's "evil" because they've thought it out and deemed it good, instead of simply "being evil".
  • Patriotic, harmonious society. Single central kingdom in a single place (not like elves, for instance, who have seemingly independent forests everywhere).
mickyg

Post by mickyg »

i think that zookeeper has a good idea i mean if any one has watched the movie underworld then they will know that vampire and lycans (werewolves) once worked together the lycans looking after the vampires during the day and the vampires looking after the lycans at night
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Also this is wesnoth and WINR, and although werewolves and vampires are not either, the point is that werewolves and vampires can be ANYTHING you want on this game (within reason, i.e not gods, etc) so YOU CAN CHOOSE who they do and don't like.

however it would probably be best if you didn't change too much, but a little is OK
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

There is no reason to say that werewolves and vampires are enemies other than it has appeared as such in a number of recent sources (movies, games, etc)... it's not tradition or anything.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm