Wargs

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Nice artwork. I think it will look good against the terrain.

As for feedback, I would like to see the werewolf's shoulders get broader (perhaps initially, or as he advances) and he gets even more of the hunched-over look. Also, the warrior's claws should look more threatening as he advances, maybe holding the hand out straight with three claws visible. Wolves could also be gray or even pure white.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Maby give one advancement of the werewolf armor, would look quite cool.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Only out of each faction there is a minimum of one unit that advances to lev 4 so you are gonna have to get rid of some of the level 4s and keep the best one
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

you could make the basic werewolf a level 0 unit, then make one new level four unit.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Doc Paterson wrote:I must say, I really REALLY hate the concept of werewolves being "contagious;" the whole lycanthropy approach (getting bitten, becoming a lycanthrope). Having werewolves with some degree of culture (language, weapon-crafting, etc.) is completely incompatible with this model.

They ought to be a race of wolfmen, not a bunch of humans sharing the same disease or curse or whatever you want to call it. That whole horror-flick concept is just too junky for Wesnoth. :P
(Jetryl hugs Doc Paterson.)
Jester

Post by Jester »

The Raven wrote:Only out of each faction there is a minimum of one unit that advances to lev 4 so you are gonna have to get rid of some of the level 4s and keep the best one
You mean maximum? Why is there a maximum?
Ranger M wrote:you could make the basic werewolf a level 0 unit, then make one new level four unit.
Hmm, I think that I am going to get rid of the Moon Knight, but keep the other two level fours.
Ranger M wrote:Maby give one advancement of the werewolf armor, would look quite cool.
Yes I was planning to, at least, give the Moon Blade some nice armor. And maybe some plating on the Garou as well.
I don't want to over-armor them, since they need to be balanced and they are rather... Brute...
Sapient wrote:Wolves could also be gray or even pure white.
The Moon Blade will be white.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Jester wrote:
The Raven wrote:Only out of each faction there is a minimum of one unit that advances to lev 4 so you are gonna have to get rid of some of the level 4s and keep the best one
You mean maximum? Why is there a maximum?
Loyalists have 2 lvl 4 units...
But i think lvl 4 should be limited to a few units.
Maybe you should make more than one lvl 1 Line ?
Jester

Post by Jester »

Noyga wrote:
Jester wrote: You mean maximum? Why is there a maximum?
Hm, I thought it was a nice (original idea) to have this faction branch from just one recruitable unit.
If I would make more lines then IMO there should also be more units all together... I dunno, we'll see.

I have made the Moon Blade picture, I doodled a bit with armor, but the results were awfull. So no armor for the wolves, at least for now.
Attachments
Unit_Tree_Werewolf.jpg
Unit_Tree_Werewolf.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 3918 times
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

What I want to know is, why do we never see humans-who-turn-into-wolves-at-the-full-moon anymore? :cry:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
enigmoo

Post by enigmoo »

I think the 'werewolf' concept implies being a human during the day and a beast at night. So a 'werewolf' unit I think should be extra weak during the day and extra powerful at night.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Elvish Pillager wrote:What I want to know is, why do we never see humans-who-turn-into-wolves-at-the-full-moon anymore? :cry:
Well, because that can't be done with Wesnoth (or it is at least very hard to).

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Enigmoo: I've never seen a werewolf like that anywhere but the Wesnoth forums.

Jester: It's not all that hard to do in WML. How sensible it would be for gameplay, though, is another question. Anyway, I was asking about all werewolves, not just Wesnoth...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok, didn't know that. But as you said it would probably not be very sensible for gameplay.

im the one you think of

Post by im the one you think of »

Noyga wrote:
yes but the second level 4 is both appropriate and rarely used in the game as it is a leader, although in campaigns leaders are used more often this still has a very small effect as you can only get one of them anyway.

edit: why did my post appear before other peoples' that were there before me?
Ssshh! I'm secretly male.
enigmoo

Post by enigmoo »

EP: Well, I don't know where you are from but in the US where I am most people's impression of werewolves come from movies. Most werewolf movies revolve around a cursed man transforming into a 'wolfman' during a full moon. The wolfman being half man, half wolf. Good werewolf movies include The Howling, An American Werewolf in London, Wolfen. Of course, werewolf legends are more varied.

As far as gameplay, I think it would add an extra dimension to the game to have a character that was 50%+ at night and 50%- during the day. The plague ability too makes sense.

Alternatively, there could be a 'Leprechaun' character that is powerful during the day (when there are rainbows) and weak at night. In keeping with their dimunitive size they would more appropriately be mages than fighters.

e

"Your opinion may vary"