Wargs

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

The Raven wrote:
Also, i don't think werewolves should be nature lovers, i like docs version better evil hungry killer wolves
I actually don't think they should be evil at all.....Brutal and powerful, yes, but not evil.

No dancing of the Black Spiral for these fellows.

8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Jester

Post by Jester »

Doc Paterson wrote: Not really so in WW actually, unless you're talking about Stargazers or Children of Gaia. Most of them were well aware of the Wyrm's influence over a lot of humanity, and didn't much mind knocking off a human or two. (The most extreme case being the Red Talons, who wanted to go back to the times of the Impergium, when the Garou regularly killed humans to keep their numbers down).
Yeah, but why did they keep the numbers down? In order to make sure that they would not destroy nature, as they are doing now... I can totally relate to the Red Talons :P.
Doc Paterson wrote: Werewolves (note the "ves" at the end of the word- "Werewolfs" is incorrect English- Razz )
Whoops, sorry :oops: ... English is not my native tongue...
Doc Paterson wrote: Looking good.

If at any point you'd like me to try to balance some potential units, I do have a bit of a knack for that. The toughest aspect of this is going to be getting the art you know......I wonder if any of the locals could help you guys out.
Yes, thanks, I don't think I can do pixel art. Portraits however I can do, unless you want me to do manga... God I hate manga...

Anyway, I've got this problem of having a really [censored] computer, so BFW doesn't run very smooth, so testing is a nono for me...

EDIT:
Btw, in what time frame is this era based? Medieval, modern days?
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

You can do portraits, how well, if good than go to the dark elves in this forum and ask my what portraits need doing and also my one in Elf Rpg in the art development i need portraits too

Also, doc of course they aren't sacrificing children evil they are just a bit angry and sorta evil, and should kill almost anything that comes to their land,

They could be like the zamberwerewolves (i think) off fable, the extrememly high jumping blood thirsty, fast and killer ones, and the here unit could be the silver werewolf, and the enemy could be the masked silver archer
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

it would be based around medievil with the only guns made are the dwarven guns, the knights are around, but sadly they do not advance into the golden age, instead they degrade to a wasteland with 2 suns

(how the heck did the second sun come, did he just come and say hello)
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok, this is a real old one, made it some 2-3 years ago. I know, the ears suck and it's not proparly proportionated. But my skills have improved in case you were wondering.
My scanner is broken, so you will have to wait for a more recent one...
Last edited by Jester on December 8th, 2005, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

looks good

I will get Logan to check the forums and see what he thinks of all this
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Is anyone else just getting a "hotlinked picture" image? :?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jester

Post by Jester »

Sorry, my mistake, here it is again...[/img]

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

looks like a evil vampire clown/jester
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

I like your ideas here! :shock:

I think the attacks can only have one special, though. The plague idea is really good. The only thing I think the werewolves need is a normal fighter, I think(The tree I saw had the general unit upgrading to either berserker or leader).
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Wesnoth 1.6.2
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok, I have modified Logan's line for the Werewolves (see I spelled it correct).
This is what I came up with.

Code: Select all

L1               L2                  L3                    L4

-> Warrior      -> Pack Leader -> Garou
                                   -> Moon Blade  -> Moon Knight 
Werewolf -> Stalker      -> Shadow Pelt -> Night Eye
              -> Rabid Wolf 
The Werewolf would be the only recruitable unit (in default).

Warrior would have a higher melee attack than the Stalker and Rabid Wolf.
Stalker would have backstab.
Rabid wolf berserk. I think it would be a good idea to only give the Rabid Wolf Plague. (maybe a bit powerfull if he also has Berserk)

Pack Leader will have Leadership.
Moon Blade will have a higher attack with moon magic(?).

Basic attack (Werewolf) something as this:
Bite 8-3 slash
Claws 10-2 slash

I don't really know how to balance things as attack and such. But IMO they should have a very strong close combat melee attack, since they won't have any range. None of them.

Jester

Post by Jester »

Tried to do a Vampire line as well:

L0          L1                 L2                        L3                            L4

Fledgeling -> Noble               -> Ancient                -> Methusalem
                             -> Duellist             -> Sword Dancer
                             -> Blood Aprentice -> Blood Manipulator
                                                         -> Flesh Artisan
Ghoul -> Half Blood -> Hunter
Fledgeling and Ghoul would be recruitable, and myt friend who is sitting next to me wants tpo leave now, so I will leave and fiish this later...

ponkan

Post by ponkan »

What about an impact attack for the werewolves? I think tackle was suggested somewhere above....

Oh, hi, new here :D
There is no good, nor evil. Things are; that is all.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Nothing against vampires, but I think you should talk to JW and add Werewolves to the Shifters faction. I think they would make a perfect alliance.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok, here it is again, now with some explanation.

L0          L1                 L2                        L3                            L4

Fledgeling -> Noble               -> Ancient                -> Methusalem
                             -> Duellist             -> Sword Dancer
                             -> Blood Aprentice -> Blood Manipulator
                                                         -> Flesh Artisan
Ghoul -> Half Blood -> Day Hunter
                             -> Twilight Walker
Fledgeling and Ghoul would be recruitable. Maybe make Ghoul a lvl 1 unit.

Noble Line has Leadership.
Duellist line is a fighter.
^I think these two should have something of the Noble Vampire Count stereotype.

Blood Aprentice is the magical unit.
Blood Manipulator is the mage that can (well the word says it) manipulate blood, make it explode and such :D.
Flesh Artisan is more of a fighter-mage cross. They're somewhat based on WW's Tzimisce, who manipulate their own flesh to make it all spikey and stuff. Really cool...

Ghoul's are the human slaves of the Vampires. (lawfull
Half Blood is a hald blooded servant. (neutral)
Day Hunter is the branch that walks in the day light (lawfull), still Half Blood.
Twilight Walker is neutral, still Half Blood.
^this should be an archer line (at least the last two units).

Drain should offcourse be a standard in this faction.
We can also give one of the unit lines Plague and have them change their victims in Ghouls/ Half Bloods.