Era: The Old Continent

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Era: The Old Continent

Post by turin »

Right now, having the Aragwaithi in the Imperial Era seems a bit out of place. The rest of the Era is based on historical armies, and that will only become even more true as more factions get added. But the Aragwaithi aren't based on anything; and, what is more, they appear in at least one campaign set in Wesnoth, while the Lavinians and Marauders don't.

My proposal is this: create a new era, with the Aragwaithi, Akladians, Orcs, and anything else that might fit, that would represent the battles fought on the Old Continent (where Haldric's people came from originally). The Aragwaithi would fit in much better there than in the Imperial Era.

I sure don't want to maintain such a new era, but I bet there is someone who is interested.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

I think it's nice idea. :)

Maybe i will try to do this in next few days, but not right now.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

All the historical armies plus the Northeners and the Araghwaith, which may as well be the nobles who didn't took the overseas trip and were pushed to desertic lands (yay, i created a simple background on a snip).

I think you may as well just change the name of the Imperial Era (if you want to, because its a good name) and them modify it until it becomes the historical one.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:All the historical armies plus the Northeners and the Araghwaith, which may as well be the nobles who didn't took the overseas trip and were pushed to desertic lands (yay, i created a simple background on a snip).
but my point was that it doesn't make sense for the historical armies to be in the same era as the Aragwaithi. Or was it at some point decided (without my ever hearing of it) that all of the historical factions were located on the Old Continent?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

That was just the general belief of most people over a fe w topics.

I can't remember which one sof course....
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
scott

Post by scott »

I brought it up once as a possibility, but that was far from definitive.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
pigandforks

Post by pigandforks »

i think it would be a nice idea to slap together a few of the less fitting in factions into their own new era. Do something like on human faction one elf faction one orc faction etc.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

pigandforks wrote:i think it would be a nice idea to slap together a few of the less fitting in factions into their own new era. Do something like on human faction one elf faction one orc faction etc.
BACK, DEMON!

Unfortunately, that is what the Imperial Era kind of is right now, and I'm trying to fix that....
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

scott wrote:I brought it up once as a possibility, but that was far from definitive.
While i always took the historical armies as being in the Old Continent (nitpicking on reality feels mushy). I also thought the Aragwaith were there too because... they were good and seemed fitting (removing them won't be a rpoblem i think), although i never, EVER, understood what the hell where the Elves doing there.

There is something wrong going between my comp and the forums, it seems i load and old version of the forums unless i hit refresh... intriguing...
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

According to szopen's A New Order, Aragwaithi reside on the Old Continent. However, to my knowledge, it never mentions the Lavinians or any other Imperial Era factions. Thus, I'd like for the Imperial Era to depart from the Old Continent to the real world, leaving the Aragwaithi behind to fight it out with the Orcs, Aragwaithi, Akladians, and Undead...
The World of Orbivm
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Aragwathi warring with themselves?

:idea:

New campaign: Civil Aragwathi War!

Seriously though, are there different Aragwathi factions?
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

No, I don't think there are. But there is already a civil war campaign (quite short, unfortunately). Check on the campaigns server.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

I know :twisted: . I was planning on making a spoof....

J/K.

But anyway. I think it makes sense for the Aragwathi to stay on the "Old Continent".
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?