Amber werewolfs (Naa)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

xtifr wrote:I still don't know what a "Naa" is, or what it has to do with brightly-colored magi, or why a werewolf would be made out of petrified treesap.
Naa is basically, like "Nah, I don't think this is a good idea..."
xtifr wrote:(And what is a "mu mind"? Is this some sort of Zen, or merely a typo? Inquiring minds want to know! :))
the moo mind, of course, is benjamin drieu
he is so called, for he always says moo
log onto irc, he'll say it to you
he's certainly said it to me, sometimes, too
he even told a story about choo, boo, and foo*

* I'm serious; I did not say that just to rhyme.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

TankiuX168KTDM wrote:Ok. I have to komit that it was stupid: mu mind was to kreate big(it may say gigant fraction) with 100 unit. But i understand that is my mistake.
Naa is shorte then werewolfs, and in one story were one race which cald it, that race was born to kill and war was they life. I hope to create some like them.
And I apoligase for that wolf. I an\me trying to create new unit, which will be beter.
I'll try my full translation:

-----------------------
Ok. I have to admit that my first ideas were stupid: My idea was to create a really big faction (you might say gigantic!) with 100 units. But I realise that was a mistake.

"Naa" is a shorter name than "werewolves", and in one story there was a race called that (Naa), they were born to kill and their life revolved around war.
And I apologise for that wolf. I am trying to create a new unit, which will be better.
-----------------------

Does that make it clearer?
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

turin wrote:Eh? :?

My main problem with this topic is it stretches the window so there is an X-scroll bar as well as a Y. That's probably because my resolution is rather low...
Umm.. AFAIK, it streches everyone's.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

Emmanovi wrote:
turin wrote:Eh? :?

My main problem with this topic is it stretches the window so there is an X-scroll bar as well as a Y. That's probably because my resolution is rather low...
Umm.. AFAIK, it streches everyone's.
well you're wrong :P it doesn't stretch mine.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Well, it was only AFAIK.
unsung

Post by unsung »

Jetryl wrote:
xtifr wrote:I still don't know what a "Naa" is, or what it has to do with brightly-colored magi, or why a werewolf would be made out of petrified treesap.
Naa is basically, like "Nah, I don't think this is a good idea..."
xtifr wrote:(And what is a "mu mind"? Is this some sort of Zen, or merely a typo? Inquiring minds want to know! :))
the moo mind, of course, is benjamin drieu
he is so called, for he always says moo
log onto irc, he'll say it to you
he's certainly said it to me, sometimes, too
he even told a story about choo, boo, and foo*

* I'm serious; I did not say that just to rhyme.
I think my light-headed disorientation just got worse from reading that.....
fractured noses suck. itsl ike a fever but you know, worse.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Emmanovi wrote:Does that make it clearer?
No. At least, not enough. What does all of this have to do with brightly colored magi, and why would a werewolf be made out of petrified treesap?

edit: actually, I think Jetryl's answer made the most sense so far. A horse is a horse, of course, of course. And my plan would have worked if it weren't for you meddling kids! :)
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

xtifr wrote:
Emmanovi wrote:Does that make it clearer?
No. At least, not enough. What does all of this have to do with brightly colored magi, and why would a werewolf be made out of petrified treesap?

edit: actually, I think Jetryl's answer made the most sense so far. A horse is a horse, of course, of course. And my plan would have worked if it weren't for you meddling kids! :)
It seems this person wanted to create a werewolf faction. They then created some mages, quite a lot because they wanted a big faction. Then they tried creating the images.

What do you mean by petrified treesap?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

May I note that if you look at the mages good enough; you can see that he tried to give them canine features (the face, sort of); however it is so blurry and unclear that no-one realised it even after he told they were were. . uhh Naa?
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
appleide

Post by appleide »

Idea 'Refinement':

People of Naa, when they reach age of 25, turn into werewolves. Theya re adept at magic, because their saying goes "if you only get one stab at living as a normal person, don't waste it".

Elemental Mage (Lawful) (4-4)pierce magical->Lightning weilder (5-5) pierce magical -> Electric werewolf (8-5) pierce magical

also branch into fire mage with practically same stats, with a little lower hp, but same attacks nonetheless.

Gliding Mage -> Flying Mage -> Winged Werewolf
all 'wind' attacks, impact magical, fast, skirmisher, fragile.

Nature Mage (4-3) insect swarm, pierce, poisoned, magical -> Summoner

Summoners have recently been able to prevent their bodies from turning into werewolfs...

Thats 4 level one units... Shouldn't be too hard with all those mage images... just need werewolf.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
stormlord

Post by stormlord »

Tankiux168KTDM wrote:I am talking whith other player from my country, and we are still planing to create it.
That would be me.

appleide and Emmanovi, thanks for not flaming us.
Others, if you don`t have anything to say shouldn`t you push "back" instead of "reply" button?
appleide

Post by appleide »

yeah; neorice, turin, jetryl, fmunoz and other artists are all big bad bullies... Just ignore them... :lol: :P

just J/K :P :twisted:
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

stormlord wrote:
Tankiux168KTDM wrote:I am talking whith other player from my country, and we are still planing to create it.
That would be me.

appleide and Emmanovi, thanks for not flaming us.
Others, if you don`t have anything to say shouldn`t you push "back" instead of "reply" button?
I find that anything I said had good reasoning behind it.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Such an epic tale. . . so sad. . . I think I am going to break out in tears. . . hold me. :cry:
Like this?
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Are you saying it's wrong for a man to cry?