Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I agree it might be worth considering. I haven't played with the era enough to see if 50% on grassland is overpowered. The main point of it was to show they are better on grass than most other armies - they _will_ win most plains battles. But once you get out of the grass and hills, they are much less powerful. Pity there isn't a number divisible by 10 between 40% and 50%...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

perhaps mountains should only give them 50% to help make it fair?
it's worth thinking about, but as long as thye end up balanced is it really that important that they follow normal standards?
I would say no, because if they are balanced, it doesn't negatively impact gameplay.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
dalk

Post by dalk »

first of all i want to say the imperial era is great.
but i think the legionnaires arent overpowered, at least not against aragwaith, but they seem to be so if you read their stats.
The biggest advantage you have against them is that they cant recruit anything else usefull, except for scouts and auxilliary(which suck anyway, i dont think this should be changed btw), so you can just use units that are good against them, like spearmen and warlocks, taking advantage of their relatively low hp.

Btw could someone plz fix the pikemen?
The spearman is my favourite unit, but its upgrade isnt really usefull.

keep up the good work!
unsung

Post by unsung »

I have noticed that aragwaithi do well against them.
the maraduers do as well, I think that the legionarres aren't as badly unbalanced asp people think.

you should try out the auxilia though, thos things can be total freaking monsters when they level up.

GAAAAH! RORAIUS WILL EAT YOUR HEAD!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The auxilia should suck, yes, but they should still be worth the recruiting cost. I think I'll lower their cost by one...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

unsung wrote:you should try out the auxilia though, thos things can be total freaking monsters when they level up.

GAAAAH! RORAIUS WILL EAT YOUR HEAD!
The auxilia are awesome... HUGE movement for an unmounted, easy to level up, and they can fight well.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Light Infantry and Rorarius are going back to 6 moves, not 7. ;)
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

I think it's a good decision.
now I need to find a way to make it so I can use debug mode to randomly put romans into campaigns likeI would any other unit.....

I'm trying to find a way to make the armor of a legionare without spending hundreds of dollars..... :?

maybeI could make it out of paper like the chinese once did! :lol:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

To use it anywhere, go into the Imperial_Era.cfg file, and remove the #ifdef MULTIPLAYER and the #endif that is with it.
The World of Orbivm
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

unsung wrote:I have noticed that aragwaithi do well against them.
the maraduers do as well, I think that the legionarres aren't as badly unbalanced asp people think.
I don't know, I watched a few of those games, and only really noticed that your opponents (that one guy in particular who was setting up the 2v1s...) were really really clueless....

I'm just saying, you may not be getting a very acurate representation of the legionairre.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
unsung

Post by unsung »

turin wrote:To use it anywhere, go into the Imperial_Era.cfg file, and remove the #ifdef MULTIPLAYER and the #endif that is with it.
I looked for that with notepad but I can't find it. and if I remove the idef, will it cause out of sync errors in mp?

most people are clueess because they haven't got much experience with this era.

if you did observe on where I was playing, I actually wasn't trying. plus, I'm naturally a bit more familiar with them than most people.
you should have seen when me, turin, tomsik, and disto played. that one should have been put in an archive.
if I only had a replay...... :cry:
all I hav eis the sav efile....

but still, out side of unit vs unit solo fights, they do fairly well, because the legionares have less health sand are expesnive so an enemy can swarm them.

in on ethta I played in rather than observing, I was about to end up losing due to numbers. plus the pikemen kept hitting them.
I think health needs a small increase especially if your going to lowere defence and/or resitances turin.

if you do both however, it may need to cost less.

Doc Paterson wrote:
I'm just saying, you may not be getting a very acurate representation of the legionairre.
I'm not sure if you mean that I'm looking at is more overpowered than it is, or les sthan it is....
you may be right, but agian, some of tose clueless people were likely goin gto win.
Ive played against ai as well, so my view can't be too inacuurate.
it's also how I discovered that elves are ggo dagainst the legion. epescially rangers, they kicked the crap out of several level two units on the open plains! and in the my killing ground valley of death no less!

(blasted aragwaithi spearman! now that is a wee bit overpowered imo.)
Uppi

Post by Uppi »

unsung wrote: you should have seen when me, turin, tomsik, and disto played. that one should have been put in an archive.
if I only had a replay...... :cry:
all I hav eis the sav efile....
Actually, every midgame savegame is also a replay of the turns already played. If you have a savegame near the end of the match you have your replay.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

My updates are here. They are:

Aragwaith Spearmen, and upgrades, now cost 2 gold more.
The Aragwaith Pikeman actually gets any attack power over the Spearman *AGAIN*.
The Aragwaith Scout, and upgrades, now have only 40% defense on Sand.
The Laivininans no longer have their ridiculous 70% defense on villages and castle. It is now 60%.

These files work correctly. USE THESE FILES.
Attachments
Changes.zip
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

The Aragwaith Strongbow, now with correct graphics. By the way, you should get rid of the unused files.
Attachments
Aragwaith_Strongbow.cfg.zip
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

More bad units:

The Marauder Crusher has the same amount of HP, a better attack, moves faster, has better defense than, and costs less than the Dwarvish Ulfserker.

The Mounted Axeman's charge attack does more damage than its other attack even without Charge, making the other attack rather exteraneous. It should probably be 7-4 and 9-3 instead of 6-4 and 11-3.

The Marauder Hunter has a typo in its advanceto= line. It says "woodsmen" instead of "woodsman".