Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:I think that for multiplayer eras it's better to keep to the factions that we have now and leave the Kedari in the Feudal Era (which should be back soon...honest). As I understand it, the Kedari were around in the late Era, but weren't a major force until later, and I've always liked the IE policy of 'yeah, these other nations are still around, the era just isn't about them' ala the Dardans.
Nothing is to stop a campaign that mixes the two, Rise of the Kedari or something, but I think they're at home in the FE.
Yeah, that's pretty much the response I expected. No problem! Sometimes I breach a topic just to consider it.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Just letting you know that the next revision of the IE will be coming out some time in the next few days (the wife is busy writing a thesis so I have some time on my hands at the moment). So far the only major change is removing skirmisher from the Sidhe Wanderer and giving it to the Fury.
If you have any particular changes that you want made to the Orcei, Temuchin, or just generally, please let me know. This will probably be the last era-wide update that I do for a little while as after this I'm planning to throw myself into facelifts for Epic of Vaniyera and Fall of Silvium.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Just letting you know that the next revision of the IE will be coming out some time in the next few days (the wife is busy writing a thesis so I have some time on my hands at the moment).
Great!
So far the only major change is removing skirmisher from the Sidhe Wanderer and giving it to the Fury.
That will be an interesting change. A skirmisher/berserker!
If you have any particular changes that you want made to the Orcei, Temuchin, or just generally, please let me know.
I can't think of any other changes to make.
This will probably be the last era-wide update that I do for a little while as after this I'm planning to throw myself into facelifts for Epic of Vaniyera and Fall of Silvium.
Best of luck with that!
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

That will be an interesting change. A skirmisher/berserker!
Indeed. It could make it too good, of course, but we'll see. As it is the Fury line is pitifully useless, so hopefully this will give it new life as a defence-piercing mage-killer. It also nerfs the wanderer a little, which I've been looking for a way to do for a while.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

:?
Should we be using the "Imperial Era 0.18.1" or the "Fixed Imperial Era 0.20.1" with Wesnoth 1.10.4
or both (i had both loaded briefly and was surprised there is no "supercedes" or "conflicts" error message)?
or neither (and where would we get "Imperial Era 0.17" anyway) ?
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

"Imperial_Era_Fixed 0.20.4" is the one that you're looking for. Updated today with the changes listed above. Unfortunately, the edit password for the old Imperial Era was lost years ago with the original maintainers, and until we move to a new add-ons server the old IE just sticks around taunting me. And since I just keep adding to this old thread and don't have the edit rights for the title it never gets updated for new versions either.
I should probably just start a new thread for the IE and campaigns and let these old ones die, but I feel like there's too many topics as it is.
Anyway, hope that that clears up any confusion. Welcome to the IE.
UO.