The Dark Elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

well technically we have a 120mb quota each according to individual profiles.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Disto wrote:well technically we have a 120mb quota each according to individual profiles.
I think that what that quota means is that all of the users combined have 120mb. Which, when you think about it, is not very much at all.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

We need much more then that. Can we have the portraits removed from the forums as they have entered the game, or at least have them as links to their place at the CVS repisotory(sp?), they take too much space...
Creator of the Marauders
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I've upped the quota limit to 160 megabytes, but this situation probably can't continue indefinitely as Jexiste only provides us a fairly limited amount of space. Eventually I may run a script to delete attachments older than a certain amount.

If anyone has an FTP/HTTP server they can provide us access to which has lots of space, we can point the attachments module at that. I may eventually have to go through and delete old attachments that are large and appear to be of little value.

If anyone would like to volunteer for the arduous task of being the 'attachment manager' (having to go through and assess the value of attachments, deleting ones of low value, and keeping the attachments below the quota), please let me know. They would have to be a fairly trusted member of the community though.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
scott

Post by scott »

Is there an easy way to do this without going through every post? I would voluntarily delete all of mine, since it is preventing me from uploading new pictures.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

carefull, Dave

currently, the graphiclibrary directly links to the forum.

if attachments are deleted, they need to be backed up somewhere or art will be lost (and the GL will become useless)
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Boucman wrote:carefull, Dave

currently, the graphiclibrary directly links to the forum.

if attachments are deleted, they need to be backed up somewhere or art will be lost (and the GL will become useless)
That's why someone would need to be careful about deciding what is useful/needed and what is not and can be deleted.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Disto

Post by Disto »

Someone who is used to the forums, who pays it attention and removes stuff which are edits of someone elses, it's quite possible that they haven't used it but by the time they are talking about that wouldn't really matter.
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I could do it, possibly, but I might have a lot less free time now than I've had in the past year, meaning I won't have time to do that and all the other wesnoth-related stuff I do.

If you don't find anyone else, I'll do it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Wow! These are great images. Hopefully I'll have a chance to work on the scenarios.
However, the leader look too transparent, so I suggest to fill in the gaps or make him darker.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

school has started for my whole família ahora, so we don't have mucho tiempo to work on the DE's, pero I'll try to work as often as I can.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

wayfarer wrote:
Assasin wrote: because it doesn't look good on cave terrain, though we will go with dark shades of green, blue, purple, and red, and some blacks and greys. Fall semester started for me, so I'm not sure how often I'll be working on the Dark Elves now, but I WON'T let them die. :twisted:
Sometimes I feel like screaming nobody does listen to me. My Avatar was almost monochromatic but it works very well on a cave floor sometimes I know what I'm talking about.
This guy does know what he's talking about. Listen to him.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Go the Dark Elves, if they were living in the caves all their lives as what assasin wrote at the very begining than they should have white skin because they see barely any light. Though I am new to this i know my stuff
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Creator holds the last decision, and this have been discussed before starting this thread.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

The Raven wrote:Go the Dark Elves, if they were living in the caves all their lives as what assasin wrote at the very begining than they should have white skin because they see barely any light. Though I am new to this i know my stuff
Personally, I don't care what color they are. As long as they have images, they're fine.

By the way, the campaign is going well except for one thing:
Assasin(scenario descriptions) wrote:From this point on, the defeat dialog, and what the Dwarves can recruit are always the same. The Dwarvish leaders are the only things that will change.
I think this will be boring!!!