Undead New Unit Idea

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SaintDust

Undead New Unit Idea

Post by SaintDust »

i was thinking about the undead and how they need another unit.

What about a unit that is nothing but armor, with a spirit inside. The armor is some sort of enchantment trapping the unit in.

Would have resistance against fire, but extra damage from impact.

i was thinking stats something like this

Hp 35
attacks
8-2 melee
8-2 ranged (curse) drain

normaly undead move and defense in terrain.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Undead New Unit Idea

Post by turin »

SaintDust wrote:i was thinking about the undead and how they need another unit.
Really? I was thinking about the undead, and how they don't need another unit. Can you explain what you're saying here?

About your idea: it looks OK, but its not IMHO any better than the undead rider idea, which already has graphics.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

i don't know about it being better..
But i know that after a year of playing this game i have found the undead extremely weak in default era.
They are hard to play because 2 lvl 0 units (lower combat effectiveness) and most of their units suffering from 2 types of damage types.
So i was trying to get a unit idea going that was lvl1 from start for default, and half way decent.

BTW where is this new unit you are talking about at.
got a page?
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

in 72 prehaps but now with the increase in damage for skel archers i belive delopers have balanced undead... i also belive i dont know how to spell
RAR!!!
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Damage increase on skeleton archers?. Where?. When?.

I thought they passed on that one, do you have a link?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

the only problem i have with undead is their 2 lvl 0 units.
Even though the have uses, they are not combat units. If you mass them, they die and become an xp reward for your opponent.
In default era, if you can recruit lvl 1 units you should be able to recruit both the lvl1 and lvl0 units of the undead.

But when you play undead on age of heros, you find out how powerfull they realy are.
Shadows and Wraits and a leader that is extremely hard to kill.

In age of heros just make a few shadows and you see how powerfull they are.
BTW i suggest increase of the price of shadows.
Hurry up and take your time
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Damage increase on skeleton archers?. Where?. When?.

I thought they passed on that one, do you have a link?.
It's 6-3 in 0.9.3. Very powerful, about as powerful as the Skeleton (and maybe more so due to their lower cost.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

yea and they also have a small melee just for kicks in my mind skel archer> skel... and uping boan shooter and soul shooter makes them good units too
RAR!!!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Undead are fine. Better then fine, they are perfect and should not be touched, except for the death frames. Shouldn't a guy who's already died before die differently then the second time? Like, drawing his soul leaving his body or something??
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Elvish_Pillager

SaintDust wrote:But i know that after a year of playing this game i have found the undead extremely weak in default era.
One year ago, Undead were ridiculously overpowered. Now, they are fairly balanced, with just a few combinations that give them trouble.
SaintDust wrote:They are hard to play because 2 lvl 0 units (lower combat effectiveness)
If you don't like that they're weak, don't recruit them. One year ago, I would never have recruited a Skeleton Archer, a Dark Adept, or a Ghost if I was seriously trying to win, but that didn't make the faction any less overpowered.

Also, they are quite powerful, given their low cost for what they do, and in the case of the Vampire Bat, its high effectiveness.
SaintDust wrote:and most of their units suffering from 2 types of damage types.
Well, that's a problem; however, in general, you can fight them off in other ways than effective damage type. If they get Thugs or Troll Whelps, for instance, Ghouls are very nasty and effective. If they get mages, then you really have to fight at night, but mages are very weak at night and can be killed by a couple of Skeletons in one turn.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

Elvish.
You don't even play multiplayer. How can you say they are uneffective or effective.

Really. Most people i speak with agree that they are weak.
Elvish_Pillager

SaintDust wrote:Elvish.
You don't even play multiplayer.
*blink* So I'm supposed to be the one making completely unfounded assertions? :irritated:
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

Well.
Its hard to say you know something if you don't even involve yourself in it.
Multiplayer is alot harder then the AI.
Elvish_Pillager

SaintDust wrote:Its hard to say you know something if you don't even involve yourself in it.
So now you're going to completely miss my point, too?

The point is that I play multiplayer. I totally do. That you think I don't is just... well... astonishing.
King Arthur

Post by King Arthur »

Undead die so easily against rebels or loyalists.
"Waes-hael! for Lord and Dame! O! merry be their Dole; Drink-hael! in Jesu's name, And fill the tawny bowl."
King Arthur