Faction: Kedari (Arabian Nights-based)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alks

Post by Alks »

Good that you put more emphasis on nizarites. I like that.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I forgot -- the Kedari would need either an air unit or a water unit, bring the total number of units that would need new art up to six, or at most eight, if we were to split the Kedari.

{code snipped so as not to distract from most recent version below}

And if anybody is really attached to the Ragel, I wouldn't put it beyond the Nizari to throw cheap level 0 units at their enemies....
Last edited by Temuchin Khan on September 18th, 2006, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

EDIT: I dropped the Dhow Sailor line for a unit straight from the Arabian Nights: An enchanted wooden horse that can fly.

EDIT:Also, it struck me that it would probably be more reasonable if the Harem Girl line were capped at level 2.

ORIGINAL POST: Further development of this idea of splitting the Kedari, with significant changes to Nezari (no longer "Nizari"):

Code: Select all

Kedari

Desert Footman -> Desert Ambusher -> Desert Pursuer -- same as existing Light Footman line
               -> Eunuch Guardian -> Eunuch Warder -- same as existing eunuch line

Desert Raider -> Spahi -> Ghazi -- same as existing Desert Raider line
              -> Sheik -> Sultan -- same as proposed sheik line

Camel Rider -> Cameleer -> Camel Warrior -- same as existing Camel Raider line

Salik -> Dervish -> Murshid -- same as existing Salik line

Wooden Horse -> Ebony Horse -> Enchanted Horse -- a man mounted on a flying wooden horse; weak to fire and blade attacks; has truefly; attack are blade melee (man has a sword) and impact melee (wooden horse slams into target)

Code: Select all

Nezari

Zealot -> Batin -> Imam of Alamut -- swordsman, good in mountains
       -> Guardsman -> Nasir -- has steadfast, good in mountains

Hashishan -> Hashishan Mahir -> Hashishan Mawlana -- poisoner, good in mountains

Ragel (now lvl 1) -> Fedayeen (lvl 2) -- elusivefoot, berserker; clearly, the Ragel would need to be strengthened a bit

Harem Girl -> Sham Houri -- has "slow" attack

Ifrit -> Genie -> Djinn -- same as existing Ifrit line
I am doing this, regardless of whether it ever gets completed, just to have all the ideas available on the forums in case anyone is interested.

There. I think those could potentially be two very interesting factions, and regardless of whether any of it is ever completed, I am glad that I was able to split them like this.

EDIT: Turin is talking about eliminating the Kedari from the Imperial Era, so I guess they'd be available for any other era that might want them.

EDIT: 5 new sprites would be needed for the Kedari, and 9 for the Nezari.
Temuchin Khan

Re: Faction: Kedari (Arabian Nights-based)

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I'm sick of not having playable Kedari anymore! As I mentioned in the Feudal Era thread, I'm working on reviving this, Wesnoth's first desert faction.* Well, we'll see where it goes. For the most part, I'm reversing the Kedari-Nizari/Nezari/Ainsarii split. I might, however, decide that the Ifrit-Genie-Djinn line should be part of a new faction, we'll see. The end result will probably be a cross between the original Kedari faction and some newer ideas.

---------

*Or were the Desert Elves first? I don't remember.
Temuchin Khan

Re: Faction: Kedari (Arabian Nights-based)

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Alright, revised Kedari files are complete and should be in a new version of the Feudal Era, whenever it gets completed.