Hand duel fighter.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NightBlade

Hand duel fighter.

Post by NightBlade »

Wesnoth dont have a unit which fights with pure fists(or kicks) perhapes this could be an interesting unit?
Elvish Leader

Post by Elvish Leader »

Troll Whelps are units that fight with fists
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

no i mean something like monk but non holy. like the guy with iron nuckles in king arthur.
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I've thought of things like that, but not posted them yet.

One is and elvish fighter upgrade

and a line of trolls that just uses fists, instead of a club.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
scott

Post by scott »

I made a L0 unit that just punches, but he is not being used anywhere.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Monks were nver big on battlefield due to whole living in monastery, they'ld probably be better suited for a campaign only unit, or 2nd off branch of the light side of mages.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Perhaps the reason there are none is that actualy it's quite a lot more effective to swing a sword than kick someone...
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Monks learned to fight to protect their faraway monasteries from invasions, other than that, they were not in the battlefield.

Clerics, OTOH, could be seen in the battlefield if they had the equipment, and they would fight with maces to not draw blood.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

i mean a fighter with iron nucle like Tifa in FF7 doing all the special martial art moves.
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Tieom

Post by Tieom »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Monks learned to fight to protect their faraway monasteries from invasions, other than that, they were not in the battlefield.

Clerics, OTOH, could be seen in the battlefield if they had the equipment, and they would fight with maces to not draw blood.
I think the whole "clerics don't fight with edged weapons" thing is just a myth created by D&D, most likely as a class balancing factor.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

The History Channel plays DnD :shock: ?
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

nono please dont think of monk just becoz i gave that as an example, all i was trying to say is a fighter like monk but not monk ( although monk would be an interesting idea).
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

Tippsey wrote:Monks were nver big on battlefield due to whole living in monastery, they'ld probably be better suited for a campaign only unit, or 2nd off branch of the light side of mages.
True, Western culture monks were never big fighters, but monks in common fantasy games, from dungeons and dragons, to final fantasy, and so forth, are not western monks. Fighter monks are all loosely based off of shaolin monks. These monks, as well as a few other sects, trained both spiritually and martially. Often, an unarmored monk could defeat a trained swordsman because of techniques involving finding an inner peace, as well as off balancing oppenents. Calm fighters can indeed use fists over a blade. I am personally working on a monk faction, because i believe they could be seperate from everyone else, but as for adding them to a faction, they would only fit into a lawful group, and loyalists don't need more units.
It's not about winning or losing, it's about how many you can take out before you go down!
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

Tieom wrote: I think the whole "clerics don't fight with edged weapons" thing is just a myth created by D&D, most likely as a class balancing factor.
You @**, you stupid dumb***. D&D didn't make that, nor is that even the case in D&D, because clerics can use edged weapons there. Furthermore, where is your point? Actually, the basis that clerics use maces and blunt weapons has a historicla connection. Clerics in medieval times obviously didn't train as fighters. However, many carried personal "protection". They used items that were easy to use and easy to conceal. Daggers were common, and carried by many members of the clergy, but light maces were also used by clerics who travelled often. Since daggers have a dubvious context, and were more often concealed, maces and clerics became associated, but very slightly. Most of the clerics use blunt weapons do come from video games, but this is represented by clerics aren't fighters and only use simple, easy to use weapons, and swords aren't easy to use.
It's not about winning or losing, it's about how many you can take out before you go down!
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

NightBlade wrote:i mean a fighter with iron nucle like Tifa in FF7 doing all the special martial art moves.
Nightblade, I have a few ideas for a faction that used monks, I know you don't want specifically monks, but i was trying to make a faction based on the far east. I was originally going to make it just for personal use, and i haven't started programming it. If you want, i could send the ideas to you, and you, or somebody else could adapt the faction as you see fit, and even release it to the wesnoth developers.