Remove the grand marshal?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

js138

Post by js138 »

If we want consistency we should remove the grand marshal from CVS (if he stays in EI so be it - that's up to the campaign author).

Likewise you could argue for Delfador only being L4 with his existing stats to reduce the inflationary precedent. The one extra xp for fighting him seems insufficient reason to be L5.

Just my 2p tho.
Shade

Umm

Post by Shade »

js138 wrote:If we want consistency we should remove the grand marshal from CVS (if he stays in EI so be it - that's up to the campaign author).
EI is in CVS it's just that Debian has started meta packaging... As such I should be allowed to stay... (Albeit there is a reasonable argument here for 'The campaigns that are in mainline' to make their own custom unit directories. But this should be done wholesale and would take some deliberate and co-ordinated effort)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I don't see the problem, if a campaign writer doesn't want the Marshall Grand, he can just remove him for his campaign, MP balancing doesn't matter, because it is hard to get lvl 3 in mp, so it is REALLY HARD IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE to get lvl 4.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

romnajin wrote:I don't see the problem, if a campaign writer doesn't want the Marshall Grand, he can just remove him for his campaign, MP balancing doesn't matter, because it is hard to get lvl 3 in mp, so it is REALLY HARD IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE to get lvl 4.
You forget age of heroes with 30% xp... but who would play like that except me when the mp server is down and I play against the AI some stupid game...;)
Kellopyy

Post by Kellopyy »

I like Grand Marshal. :D
Disto

Post by Disto »

With 30% xp, i just use lv.1 units with a leader unit like elvish captain, 2 seconds later poof, bunch of lv.2 swarming you.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth