Silver Age (640 - 750 YW)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

py6aka

Re: Silver Age (640 - 750 YW)

Post by py6aka »

ForestDragon wrote: EDIT: btw, pybaka, will the Silver Age's WIP version be released as an addon? it used to be in the Shadows of Death, but i don't know whether that's relevant now
You can download it from the 1.13 server now :) And now you should install era and campaign separately.
Spoiler:
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

oh, thanks!
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
py6aka

Silver Age #infobox

Post by py6aka »

Royal Army
It's #infobox section again, and today our subject is Royal Army Archer.

Archer in game:
Spoiler:
Full review for archer:
Spoiler:
Abilities and specials:
  • Bowman, Huntsman, Ranger and Legendary Archer have ''rain of arrows'' special (If enemy can't respond their attack, number of shots increases by 50%) on their ranged attack.
  • Huntsman, Ranger and Legendary Archer have ''carve'' special (When unit kills an animal with this attack, it regenerates 8 HP) on their melee attack. "Animal" notion includes any types of cavlary (wolves, gryphons, horses etc.) but doesn't includes drakes, saurians, nagas, mermen and froglings.
  • Ranger has flaming arrow with ''igniton'' special (When this attack hits the opponent and inflicts 15 or more damage, opponent catch fire. It will take 8 damage in begining of every its turn. Resistance to fire can lower this damage. To extinguish the fire unit should stand to water or enter a village).
  • Crossbowman and Royal Marksman have ''first shoot'' special which equal to default ''first strike'' and just has another name.
  • Royal Marksman have ''long range'' special (When attack used offensively, opponent shoots back with 10% less accuracy) and trait "loyal".
WML code (for ignition it's too hard and requires several events, so maybe we'll talk about it later):

Code: Select all

#define WEAPON_SPECIAL_RAIN_OF_ARROWS
    [attacks]
        id=rain of arrows1
   divide=1.5
   active_on=offense
        [filter_opponent]
            [filter_weapon]
      type=pierce,fire,cold,blade,impact,arcane
      [not]
          special=preparation
      [/not]
       [/filter_weapon]
        [/filter_opponent]
    [/attacks]
    [attacks]
        id=rain of arrows2
   multiply=1.5
   active_on=offense
    [/attacks]
#enddef
#define WEAPON_SPECIAL_FIRSTSHOOT
    [firststrike]
        id=firstshoot
        name= _ "first shoot"
        description= _ "This unit always shoots first with this attack, even if they are defending"
    [/firststrike]
#enddef
#define WEAPON_SPECIAL_LONG_RANGE
    [chance_to_hit]
        id=long range
        sub=10
        active_on=offense
        apply_to=opponent
   [filter_opponent]
       [filter_weapon]
      [not]
          special=long range
      [/not]
       [/filter_weapon]
   [/filter_opponent]
    [/chance_to_hit]
#enddef
#define TRAIT_LOYAL_MUSTHAVE
    [trait]
        id=loyal
   availability=musthave
        [effect]
            apply_to=loyal
        [/effect]
    [/trait]
#enddef
Attachments
archer.png
archer.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 5585 times
archer.JPG
in-game.JPG
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
py6aka

Silver Age #art

Post by py6aka »

Robbers and Guns :)
Some of recent works of our artist, ZeXa: portrait of 1st level Poacher from Syndicate faction (there will be also another portrait, as unit has two variations: with harpoon and with bow). The key idea of this unit is randomised choise between harpooner (who have slowing attack) and bowman (who is more mobile) when you buying the unit.
Spoiler:
  • And some attack icons:
    Cursed blade - using by 2nd level Ghost warrior and 3rd level Ghost knight
    Cursed fife - using by 2nd level Skeleton musician
    Dark mark - using by 1st level Junior sorcerer and 2nd level High sorcerer (leaders of MFNU faction)
    Flame missiles - spell which 2nd level Witch may learn
    Flame whip - spell which 3rd level Sabbath queen may learn
    Miasm - using by Plague carrier (2nd level zombie)
    shadow - spell which 2nd level Black mage may learn
    Smoke - using by 3rd level Silent killer (it has smoke bombs in it's arsenal)
Attachments
whaler.png
whaler.png (1.87 KiB) Viewed 5552 times
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
py6aka

Silver Age #idea

Post by py6aka »

Factions traits
Next subject for #idea tag is a traits. We've decided to add unique factional abilities to each faction in era.
Royal Army
First of them is a loyalist's trait "patriot". For regular units it means UP to their resistances (when they're staying in human village (and yes, human's terrains have a prefix "h")). So, when spearman defends in his home, his blade, impact and arcane resistance increases by 10% and pierce resistance by 5%. And he'll regenerate 2 additional HP every turn.

Example of prefixes:
Spoiler:
Patriot trait for regural unit:
Spoiler:
For leaders of Royal Army it mean one more ability. When leader captures human village, he'll recruit rookie to your recall list. it works only once for each village on map (for multiple leaders to).
Spoiler:
Undeads
Next 3 traits are for undeads. First of them is a "terrible" trait for skeletons, zombies and other dead units of the faction (bats have a trait too, they're realy creepy creatures :S ). Yup, all unfearless units will make a bricks when they see the undeads. In game it mean -20% less damage for your enemy at night, during he is around your deadmans. But leadership removes the negative effect and leadership buff will work in full power.

We also decided to remake "nonbreather" trait.. Now it also giving resistances (submerged unit will have 100% fire resistance, and -100% to cold resistance) to your army and not only skeletons but any undead units have it.

And leader's trait "all my enemies serves me". Shang Tsung speak: - Your soul is mine. This trait is good for campaigns. When your leader kills enemy leader, he ressurectes it as skeleton warrior of level equal to level killed unit had

How terrible trait work:
Spoiler:
Robbers
Last subject of this reviev is a "vile" trait for the robbers. only wildest criminals (such as robbers and thieves unitlines) have it, while more ''cultural'' like poachers or drunk sailors havn't . After enemies death, units with trait will searching for moneys in the pockets of the dead (player will take daily upkeep of that dead, while remaining money unit keeps for himself, but not from animals and undeads).Yup, you should be a greedy unmoraled human when you choising robbers.

Vile trait in work:
Spoiler:
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Could we have an art thread and an umc campaign thread, too?

Some story about the "silver age" would be cool. I believe, I have read your writings, but still have no clue if this is an ancient time of Wesnoth or an other universe.

I had trouble with the yeti sprites due to lack of fur. All the rest are awesome. Your artist (ZeXa) who is doing shading and lines is really awesome. Could her churn out more? The flat colors having great shapes and base colors, too (topacize). But are they working in game? Maybe adding lines and gradient shading and high lights?

Since you having this awesome programmers: I was fancying a unit carrying a bomb. The bomb should do considerable damage to all surounding units (not necessarily kill) and change the terrain it stands on and the 6 surounding terains to cave floor ( blasting cavewall, villages, trees, castles.) Bomb should be triggered by menue. Unit should disappear after use. Maybe castles and kepp just get broken castles and keeps? Even harder to do.

Please use a unique picture for the download menue. The mausoleum is way to generic. Something like this:
silverage72.png
silverage72.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
Last edited by Wussel on December 6th, 2016, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
py6aka

Post by py6aka »

Wussel wrote:Could we have an art thread and an umc campaign thread, too?
Wussel, we have topic for campaign. I think we will update this thread at one of these days.
Wussel wrote: Some story about the "silver age" would be cool. I believe, I have read your writings, but still have no clue if this is an ancient time of Wesnoth or an other universe.
We are creating an era in "Wesnoth" setting. So, it's Wesnoth universe. Some backstory you can see in our campaign. Some pieces of story you can collect from units description.
Wussel wrote: I had trouble with the yeti sprites due to lack of fur. All the rest are awesome. Your artist (ZeXa) who is doing shading and lines is really awesome. Could her churn out more? The flat colors having great shapes and base colors, too (topacize). But are they working in game? Maybe adding lines and gradient shading and high lights?
Our artist, ZeXa is he, not she :) (this is normal for russian male names to ended on A). Unfortunately, there wouldn't separate art thread since he is bad with english :(
But you still can write your comments and suggestions here, and we'll tell him.

Regarding our other artist, topazice, she was volunteer outside the project, and, unfortunately we lost contact with her long ago... it would be nice if anyone help us find her.
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
SaulBlack

Post by SaulBlack »

Wussel wrote:Since you having this awesome programmers: I was fancying a unit carrying a bomb. The bomb should do considerable damage to all surounding units (not necessarily kill) and change the terrain it stands on and the 6 surounding terains to cave floor ( blasting cavewall, villages, trees, castles.) Bomb should be triggered by menue. Unit should disappear after use. Maybe castles and kepp just get broken castles and keeps? Even harder to do.

Please use a unique picture for the download menue. The mausoleum is way to generic. Something like this:
hi, man. harsh and bearded russian programmer here.
First, let me remind you about how .pbl files work (quote from wiki.wesnoth.org):
"An image, displayed leftmost in the add-ons download dialog. It must be a standard Wesnoth file and not a custom one. A custom file will only work for users who already have the relevant add-on installed. This is not related to the icon used for entries in the campaigns menu -- see CampaignWML for more information."
Second, all things which you've wrote about bomb, may be made, but i don't sure if there is a topic where we have to discuss it...
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

To bad no custom logo. That should be fixed.

About the artist: If she is already gone, maybe somebody could edit the pictures of topacize? Adding lines and dealing with cell shading is a bit tedious. A bigger resolution would help, if you have it.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

py6aka wrote: Regarding our other artist, topazice, she was volunteer outside the project, and, unfortunately we lost contact with her long ago... it would be nice if anyone help us find her.
Are you banned in yandex?
http://topazice.deviantart.com/
She does comission artworks.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
py6aka

Post by py6aka »

Wussel wrote:To bad no custom logo. That should be fixed.

About the artist: If she is already gone, maybe somebody could edit the pictures of topacize? Adding lines and dealing with cell shading is a bit tedious. A bigger resolution would help, if you have it.
Yep, customisation is a big missing.

We wont changing gifted art, sry. It's impolite for us.
Aldarisvet wrote: Are you banned in yandex?
http://topazice.deviantart.com/
She does comission artworks.
I sent VK link to DV few minutes ago.
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
SaulBlack

Post by SaulBlack »

If someone only can ban you out of yandex, Aldari...

2Wussel:
Code for your task:

Code: Select all

#define BOOM X Y
 [harm_unit]
  [filter]
   [filter_adjacent]
    x={X}
    y={Y}
   [/filter_adjacent]
  [/filter]
  amount=25
  damage_type=fire
  kill=yes
  fire_event=yes	    
 [/harm_unit]
 [terrain]
  [filter_adjacent_location]
   x={X}
   y={Y}
  [/filter_adjacent_location]
  terrain=Uu
 [/terrain]
 [kill]
  x={X}
  y={Y}
  animate=yes
  fire_event=yes
 [/kill]
#enddef
[event]
 name=start
 [set_menu_item]
  id=boom
  description=_"Detonate the bomb!"
  [filter_location]
   [filter]
    type=Bomber
   [/filter]
  [/filter_location]
  [command]
   {BOOM $x1 $y1} 
  [/command]
 [/set_menu_item]
[/event]
i haven't tested it so maybe there are little misprints, but it's main idea of how to do it. "Bomber" is unit type while 30 is damage amount, you should change to ones you need.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Wow, you make it look easy! Thanks a lot!
py6aka

Post by py6aka »

Era's schedule
Before we've will continue the review of made job, let's speak about project's schedule. Current version of Era is 0.0.7b, but we had started from 0.0.1 version with 2 already released factions. Each one new meaningful change new released faction will be recorded as +0.1.0 to current era's version. So, we're planning to release "Robbers" (The Blackwater Syndicate) faction and after that we'll update the era to 0.1.0 version. All unmeaningful changes will be recorded as +0.0.1, all bugfixes will have letter prefix as 0.0.0c or 0.0.0b.

Order of era's development depends on the schedule of the campaign. So, if new campaigns scenario needed new units of a particular faction, we've to do the faction.

Factions schedule:
  1. The Royal Army done
  2. The MFNU done
  3. The Blackwater Syndicate at progress. For truth, we had done a big part of WML for the faction and now we've waiting for the sprites.
  4. The Knalgan Home Army or Three Hundred Tribes. Dwarves or orcs first? Let's ask z5x1..:)
  5. The Eldahosse or Swamplings. Eared peoples of the forests or cold-blooded citizens of the marshes? Lets see..
  6. The Imperial Army is sleeping now, so this faction will be last in our schedule.
We actually will work at animation, translation and other things for the era. So, it's not all of that we planned to do.
The Silver Age Project
Wanna help? Contact us!
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

What kind of help do you need in text correction? I did the English correction for Adarisvet's campagin, although I'm not sure if he loaded the new version yet. Anyhow, I might be able to assist.

-=FL=-
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.