Money for units

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ffarr

Money for units

Post by ffarr »

Dear all,

I am willing to pay you for creating some units for me. Why do I want to do it? Because my friends and I just want to have good laughs playing and we would like to use some specific units.
I ask for a complete faction with 8 units with 3 evolutions each.
We don't want a specific graphics, we will use some of the existing ones. We just want a working faction (implemented in our Ageless Era if that's possible). We are going to give you all the units spec (damage, resistances etc.) and the corrisponding images we want to use.

Is there someone willing to do it? Please answer here or contact me in private with your economic offer.

Thank you!
mnewton1

Re: Money for units

Post by mnewton1 »

I was waiting to see if someone would reply to this, but apparently not.

Honestly, making a faction with what I am assuming has 24 units, predetermined statistics, and completed graphics, putting them into a faction then adding them to Ageless Era would probably take an hour. It is very simple to do and I would encourage you to give it a try yourself. Just grab an era or faction and start editing them until you understand the basics. Most of the work will just be copying and pasting. Especially if you have the stats and graphics already. It is also useful because you will most likely want to change things after your faction is made. If you can't figure out how to add it to Ageless, I can help you and make it so you will have normal Ageless you can use on the multiplayer server and Ageless + Your Faction that you and your friends with the add-on can play. This is all assuming, of course, that someone hasn't already made this for you. If you have any problems, then ask for help in the WML Workshop or you can PM me and I will be glad to help. :)
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
ffarr

Post by ffarr »

Thank you for your answer! You're the only one who replyed so far . I posted it on the forum as a paid announcement not because I think is too difficult but because I don't have the time to read aaaaal the documentation. Really I don't have all that time.

But I think if you just give me two or three hints I could do it myself. Can I ask you the favour to help me with this? I just need:
- the raw and editable file with all the factions. Where do I find it?
- as for the graphics: do I already have it on my installed package? I suppose yes, so I just copy and paste the paths right?

And I also think the problem will be the implementation as you pointed out and your help creating a modified ageless alongside the standard one (to keep playing online) would be more than appreciated.

Really, thank you. People like you, giving help like this, are why I do love the Web.
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Hi !

What you need is located in the 'units' folder of Ageless Era or any other add-on.
You'll find there files named after the unit they describe.
Open one of them and use it as a template. The most important thing is to change the 'id' line in them to avoid collisions with an existing unit.
Change what you need to change and leave the remainder alone.
Then I'm sure mnewton1 will explain you where to install the modified files in Ageless if you don't find yourself

Friendly,
ffarr

Post by ffarr »

Where do I exactly find these files? Which folder? Thank you too!!
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

battle for wesnoth 1.10.4\userdata\data\add-ons\Ageless_Era\units
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Paulomat4 wrote:battle for wesnoth 1.10.4\userdata\data\add-ons\Ageless_Era\units
Or somewhere else, depending on your OS and settings, see http://wiki.wesnoth.org/EditingWesnoth# ... _directory
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
ffarr

Post by ffarr »

I did find the unit files (my bad being so lame before) and now I am going to figure out how to edit them - it's going pretty well so far.

I still have doubts on the implementation part but I am sure I am going to cover it once my units are done (if you have suggestions they're more than welcomed :)

Thank you all for your answers!
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Money for units -> Tips for free :whistle:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Sapient wrote:Money for units -> Tips for free :whistle:
Now that ain't working -> That's the way you do it!
Let me tell ya, them guys ain't dumb.[acronym=A variation on "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits]*[/acronym]
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects