Why don't we have a Troll Era?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boldek

Re: Why don't we have a Troll Era?

Post by Boldek »

Sand troll? Since trolls are stony, maybe having a sandy troll would be cool.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
powershot

Post by powershot »

My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
alluton

Post by alluton »

Yeah it was considered earlier. BUt having cave trolls,sand trolls.water trolls.swamp trolls didnt really sound like the unit lineup we wanted to do.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
ZhuQ

Post by ZhuQ »

I might be too late to say anything but:
Regarding the Zerker Troll lineup,I really think the teeth and fists should be swapped over.. Not from a gameplay aspect but from a logical perspective? Is it just me or am I the only person who thinks bitting an object is faster than punching it? (put a small target somewhere and try and 'bite' it as fast as you can, then try and 'punch' it as fast as possible, you'll see what I mean.)

Just me being particularly pedantic. Despite my unforgiving nit-pickings this looks really good! Come quite a distance from when it first started out. Well done all of you.

ZhuQ_
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

ZhuQ wrote:I might be too late to say anything but:
Regarding the Zerker Troll lineup,I really think the teeth and fists should be swapped over.. Not from a gameplay aspect but from a logical perspective? Is it just me or am I the only person who thinks bitting an object is faster than punching it? (put a small target somewhere and try and 'bite' it as fast as you can, then try and 'punch' it as fast as possible, you'll see what I mean.)

Just me being particularly pedantic. Despite my unforgiving nit-pickings this looks really good! Come quite a distance from when it first started out. Well done all of you.

ZhuQ_
WINR.
alluton

Post by alluton »

WINR?

edit: it is fastenr to bite. But you can hit from greater distance. And biting enemy pretty much makes you vulrnerable( i dont know how to spell it) So there would be many factors to take count. But this game isnt ment so complicated.
-Flameslash
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

WINR= Wesnoth is not reality
alluton

Post by alluton »

Reality sucks. Thats why we got wesnoth :)

No one likes to play when you get hurt when your units die.
-Flameslash
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

A troll from me.
BLAST

Post by BLAST »

Bite having more strikes makes since because once u have your head right by something u can bite it very fast
ZhuQ wrote:I might be too late to say anything but:

ZhuQ_
BLAST

Post by BLAST »

@Blarumyrran: The troll looks good, but I think we want our trolls to be more of an Ape/Human construction and your troll's chest/front looks more like an animal meant go around on all fours. Also, i think that the torso is a little bit crunched... maybe elongate it somewhat. Lastly, the head looks too smooth and clear-cut to go with the rugged body (and visa-versa)
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

BLAST wrote:@Blarumyrran: The troll looks good
I agree
BLAST wrote:but I think we want our trolls to be more of an Ape/Human construction
I do not want our trolls to be more of an Ape/Human construction
BLAST wrote:and your troll's chest/front looks more like an animal meant go around on all fours.
That is correct
BLAST wrote:Also, i think that the torso is a little bit crunched... maybe elongate it somewhat.
No
BLAST wrote:Lastly, the head looks too smooth and clear-cut to go with the rugged body (and visa-versa)
I disagree.
BLAST

Post by BLAST »

Firstly I want to say that I greatly appreciate that you are interested in doing troll image(s) for the faction and I am open to improving ideas.
Blarumyrran wrote:I do not want our trolls to be more of an Ape/Human construction
How, in your mind, do you view the Trolls as being constructed? In Wesnoth's history they either stand erect, or crouch and walk while stabling themselves with their knuckles

Blarumyrran wrote:
BLAST wrote:Also, i think that the torso is a little bit crunched... maybe elongate it somewhat.
No
I guess that would be a matter of view point, but do we want the troll quartering towards us, or facing nearly directly towards us?
Blarumyrran wrote:
BLAST wrote:Lastly, the head looks too smooth and clear-cut to go with the rugged body (and visa-versa)
I disagree.
Well, when looking at your image, I would say that with all the ruggedness of the body, the head should include some of that, ie., look a little more scarred, have the ears messed up somewhat from countless fights, etc...
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

BLAST wrote:How, in your mind, do you view the Trolls as being constructed?
As mythical creatures whose anatomy is that which is implied by sprites & portraits. Most players ignore unit descriptions and such, and I think that is excellent, and the way it should be. I realize that in Wesnoth there needs to be some "explicit history" (history not implied by graphics & audio assets & unit names) due to the huge number of "contributors" who must have some axis of coherence between them, but even then that axis should be as weak as possible
BLAST wrote:In Wesnoth's history they either stand erect, or crouch and walk while stabling themselves with their knuckles
But obviously assets determine history, not the other way round
BLAST wrote:
Blarumyrran wrote:No
I guess that would be a matter of view point, but do we want the troll quartering towards us, or facing nearly directly towards us?
Sorry, english is not my first language; what does quartering mean (other than sawing a person into quarters)?
BLAST wrote:
Blarumyrran wrote:I disagree.
Well, when looking at your image, I would say that with all the ruggedness of the body, the head should include some of that, ie., look a little more scarred, have the ears messed up somewhat from countless fights, etc...
I disagree
powershot

Post by powershot »

Subject: Why don't we have a Troll Era?
Blarumyrran wrote:A troll from me.
An Imperial AT-AT Troll walker. :lol2:

@Blarumyrran: This is their project, you can't really disagree.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.