Classical Era - development phase

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scipion121212

Classical Era - development phase

Post by Scipion121212 »

Classical Era is era with right now only 2 factions.
First, as name implies are Romans.
Second, as name doesn´t imply at all, and as it seems doesn´t fit at all an is all around silly, is Animal Alliance.

This era is positioned on Earth, in Europe/north Africa/west Asia in time around and after Marian reforms (around 107 BC and later). In that time, animals, fed up by humans and their rude usurp of free land, made an (guess what) alliance, to ride humans out of their land (and possibly out of earth entirely) to bring "peace" in their land. Yes, animals are more clever than you thought, aren´t they? :P Of course, after Romans´ shock after seeing their villages burned, man killed, woman... Killed, they formed army as well, and war broke out.

Of course, when this era will be finished, it won´t have only 2 factions. At least 4, probably more. These 2 will be Easterners (better name needed, lol), who would be mix of scythians and parthians. It will be faction based on mounted units, with infantry units being support, not the other way around like all other factions are. Second will be Army-of-Wood (yes, better name needed), with practically same story as animal alliance, except their intelligence is MUCH more bigger than you thought.

Here are supposed playstyles of factions:
Romans: Unmobile, slow, expensive, but unrivaled field fighters with high power, defense and cost efficiency. Their main problem is their bad mobility, making them easier to outmanoeuvre and steal villages from them. You should better get advantage over them, and fast, or you will have big trouble!
Animal Alliance: very fast, most mobile faction, cheap, with not good cost efficiency, damage and damage power. Their power lie in mobility, used to steal villages quickly and as much as possible, overwhelming opponents with high numbers. Next thing, most of them are invisible somewhere (one unit everywhere), which can be used to lure opponent units to attack "vulnarable" from bad terrain and being unexpectedly overwhelmed, or make him not attacking vulnarable unit, being afraid of former.

If you are interested in concrete units in these factions, they are in spoiler below.
Spoiler:
I would appreciate help very much, (which is frankly only reason why I posted it now :) ) If you are interested in helping me, in spoiler below are things that yet need to be done/you can help me with. Don´t think I am lazy though, I will do everything alone if no one will help me. =) Just that it is so slow.. :(
Spoiler:
I believe that´s all, except, if anyone is interested, you can download my era here. Oh, and shortened credits

Thanks to all creators of Era of Magic, as I copied and rewrited everything from it, which made all work easier.
Attachments
CLASSICAL-ERA.zip
My awesome era
(220.61 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Last edited by Scipion121212 on July 24th, 2009, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryorin

Re: Classical Era - development phase

Post by Ryorin »

I'm not understanding why an alliance of animals? And why did they wait until mankind had developed far enough to have iron weapons/military tactics?

Personally if I was an animal I would strike sooner but...
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
Scipion121212

Re: Classical Era - development phase

Post by Scipion121212 »

Ryorin: That´s because.. You know, people weren´t THAT aggresive before that period (at least in this era :mrgreen:) so animals didn´t feel the need to form alliance against them. But later they did.. So they made an alliance. =)