Era of the Future Development

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Era of the Future Development

Post by Pentarctagon »

also in the first sentence I added that it tested their hunting/survival skills, and in the sentence after the one you mentioned I specifically mentioned if they were not able to survive for a whole month.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I know: I noticed the change, but it says "without" twice. It should say "or return without at least 40 hides". You wrote "... without return without at least 40 hides".
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

can't believe I did that :lol2:
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

It's a surprisingly common mistake. (If it wasn't the department of redundancy department wouldn't exist).

Here's my description for the witch doctor:
witch doctor:
And the Warlock:
warlock:

Feedback please.
Last edited by wesfreak on July 3rd, 2010, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

wesfreak wrote:Warlocks are also have some experience using their staves in melee combat, and can wield them surprisingly well.
Other than the small grammar mistake, I like both of these a lot :D .
I'm finally admitting that this will be a very long (if not permanent) Wesbreak. Thank y'all for the great times, and may Wesnoth rise to become one of the most popular games on the planet.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Fixed the mistake. I think I overused the word "also" in the last two sentences, but don't know how I can change it.

Here's the reaver discription:
reaver:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

maybe change to: Even though warlocks are master healers, they are also able to conjure up miniature blizzards that can freeze their enemies to death as well as having some experience in how to wield a staff in combat.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

"Small" would be better rather then "miniature".
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
Huston

Post by Huston »

can i get a cohesive list of all the nordhris descriptions?
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

All descriptions posted since page 67 are in the spoiler, I included Mirion's and wesfreak's reaver description since they both sounded good in different ways (maybe merge them together somehow?).
descriptions:
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Thanks for gathering all that together. The ones we have left (according to version 1.59) are the dire reaver, dragonheart, farseer, frostdasher, icebounder, lionheart, shard striker, shard shooter, slaughterer, snow stalker, snowrunner and warlord.

There seems to be a mistake in version 1.59 though, because the dragonheart and lionheart are both .cfg~ rather than .cfg , so neither of them can be opened and read like regular files. Also, lions are the symbol for the brave, so maybe the lvl 4 braveheart should be called a lionheart rather than a wolfheart?

Because of the 2 mistakes, this leaves just the snowrunner line (which has 5 units), the shard shooter line (which has 2), the dire reaver, snow stalker and warlord. I'll do the warlord and the dire reaver, since I already started those lines. How do you want to divide the rest?

The snowrunner line stats seemed a bit funny to me, so I did some comparing: the snowrunner costs the same as a footpad, but does 6 less ranged damage, has 1 more mp, has 8 less hp and needs 11 less exp to advance. The faction is supposed to be cheaper but weaker, so this unit should cost less. needing 11 less exp to advance is alot too, I suggest bringing it up from 25 to at least 30, so it has 6 less exp. I also suggest bringing the ranged attack up from 3-2 to 4-2, since 3-2 seems a bit too weak. The hp should probably be changed a bit as well, but I think more balance testing is needed to decide.
The farseer, the ranged lvl 2, costs 53 gold. In comparison the icebounder, the lvl 3, costs 54 and the lvl 3 loyalist cavalier costs 52. This should probably be brought down to about 26 (a little more than a pikeman, but less than a lvl 2 dragoon). The farseer's hp should also be brought down from 52 to 40. (the elvish avenger has 42 hp, deals the same ranged damage and does 3 more melee damage). I also think it should have 8 movement rather than 6, and be more of a scout-archer, but that doesn't really affect balance. (and if you do make this change range damage should probably go down to 6-4 to match regular lvl 2 scout melee damage, and melee could go down from 6-3 to 5-3 to compensate for marksman)
The frostdasher only has 38 hp. In comparison, the outlaw, a low hp unit, has 42 hp. Frostdasher hp should go up to at least 40. Frostdashers need 47 xp to advance, outlaws need 77 and dragoons need 95. The exp requirement should go up to at least 70. Frostdashers do 24 damage in melee and 18 in ranged, while outlaws do 16 damage in melee and 18 in range and dragoons do 24 damage in melee and 12 in range. Either the melee or the ranged has to go down.
The icebounder should probably do 10-3 rather than 9-3, and should need 150 xp to amla rather than 94.
Slaughterers only have 5 movement for some reason. Try changing it to at least 7. Their melee pierce attack also only does 16 damage, compared to their blade melee attack which does 27. I suggest changing it from 8-2 to 8-3. their xp requirements are also a bit low, at 56. The pikeman needs 65 to level, and units with amla need more xp than units that advance. I also suggest changing the hp from 47 to 50, to be closer to that of a regular fighter. (pikeman have 55 and dragoons have 53).
Huston

Post by Huston »

thank you, i will make sure they are in sometime tommorrow after work, then i'll hopefully find no bugs and be able to release a new dev version. (i had to roll back to a previous version... so there may be a few bugs, at least it's my oprevious version, it isn't my latest work on it... so i'll see what i can hammer out
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'll do the snow stalker, since I did the rest of the line. As for the rest, I don't really have a preference one way or the other.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Alright, I'm working two jobs right now so I don't have the time to go through the whole thing and try to find out which descriptions need to be done (my comp time was already limited before I had ONE job lol) So if someone has time to make a list, that'd be greatly appreciated...if not, don't worry...I'll try and squeeze in enough time to look through it.
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

wesfreak wrote:... this leaves just the snowrunner line (which has 5 units), the shard shooter line (which has 2), the dire reaver, snow stalker and warlord.
I made a list in my last really long post. I'm doing the dire reaver and the warlord, Pentarctagon the snow stalker, and we'll split the rest when we get to it, but feel free to do one of the snowrunner or shard shooter units in your spare time.