New Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zigg

New Era

Post by Zigg »

I found a unit base code when browsing the Forum and decided to make an Era.

Eletii
A very powerful Kingdom led by a King, the Eletii inhabit the lands south of the Great Plains. The King must prove he is worthy of the Throne by Defeating a Champion in combat, leading a group of untrained soldiers against a group of enemy soldiers and winning, and pleasing the Eletii people. The Eletii don't have any sworn enemies or loyal allies, but get on well with some Kingdoms, and fight with others.
They believe in the God, Mehiea, who sometimes sends down a new King when the Eletii need one. The Eletii worship Mehiea by buildings massive Temples and naming their Cities after him. They also have Shrines built along all their Roads and their Priests lead Ceremonies every day, the largest ceremonies being Gunii and Tayii.
Their Citizens wear colored Tops and Leather Trousers, and often wear necklaces, rings and charms decorated by pictures of Kings and the God Mehiea. Their Priests wear long colored robes and carry golden staffs around with them. Their Soldiers wear light armor, leather trousers, colored tops and carry their Weapons in their hands, holders or strapped across their back.

Spoiler:

The Elven Kingdom
The great Kingdom of the Elves lies to the west of the Eletii Kingdom.
Spoiler:

Will type more later.
Last edited by Zigg on June 14th, 2009, 7:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cloud
Art Contributor

Re: New Era

Post by Cloud »

A list of stats a faction does not make.

As for an era, well that's a while off yet. I don't mean to be disheartening, but from previous experience it will take a long while to finish one faction, even with someone doing art for you.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Cloud wrote:A list of stats a faction does not make.

As for an era, well that's a while off yet. I don't mean to be disheartening, but from previous experience it will take a long while to finish one faction, even with someone doing art for you.
I'm just noting down Ideas for comments right now.

I'm going to do my own art, since I'm pretty good at it.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Zigg wrote: I'm just noting down Ideas for comments right now.
Cloud is just noting that providing stats for one faction, without any overview of a unit tree, TOD orientation, or most importantly, other factions, makes it hard for people to provide comments on a list of units.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

New Factions

Cavini

Cavini Horseman
HP - 29
MP - 8
XP - 33
Mountedfoot
5-3 Melee Blade
5-1 Ranged Pierce

Cavini Horse Archer
HP - 26
MP - 8
XP - 37
Mountedfoot
6-1 Melee Pierce
7-2 Ranged Pierce

Cavini Squire
HP - 32
MP - 7
XP - 44
Mountedfoot
12-2 Melee Pierce Charge

Cavini Pikeman
HP - 42
MP - 4
XP - 64
Smallfoot
16-1 Melee Pierce Marksman

Cavini Mage
HP - 19
MP - 5
XP - 67
Smallfoot
5-1 Melee Impact
7-3 Ranged Fire Magical

EDIT: Is anyone interested? Are the ELETII BALANCED WITH THE CAVINI? sHALL I START CODING?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Use edit, and watch for that caps lock key.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

I guess not. :oops: :(
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

No need for two lines of smilies, either. I fixed them for you.

It's difficult to say whether a faction is balanced when you've presented it in isolation. Factions aren't balanced alone, they're balanced against other factions.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
huntermeca31

Post by huntermeca31 »

No they are not very balanced.

Eletii Mage have only 14 HP! For a level 1, it is not very good.
Same thing for Eletii Ambusher, Eletii Scout

Eletii Destroyer have 50 HP. He have more life than level 2 unit and his attack was more powerfull than some level 2 unit!

Cavini are very good and other Eletii unit.
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

Zigg wrote:Is anyone interested? Are the ELETII BALANCED WITH THE CAVINI? sHALL I START CODING?
I'd be more interested if it was more than just an epic list of stats. Give us a little more than and it might gain some interest. What are the Eletii aside from a mixed faction? Goblins that have split from their Orcish anscestors? Humans lead by a God-king and who are swore to do his bidding? How will they look? What special abilities might they have that sets them apart from Loyalists or any other default faction?

As for the second, probably not, but that should affect wheter or not you start coding. Play it against the default factions, set up a few AI vs AI games. You'll get a rough idea, but for proper balance you'll no doubt need to get more than one (i.e. your own) opinion.
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

huntermeca31 wrote:No they are not very balanced.

Eletii Mage have only 14 HP! For a level 1, it is not very good.
Same thing for Eletii Ambusher, Eletii Scout

Eletii Destroyer have 50 HP. He have more life than level 2 unit and his attack was more powerfull than some level 2 unit!

Cavini are very good and other Eletii unit.
The Eletii Mage is quite weak, will fix.
The Eletii Ambusher is meant to be used for jumping out on enemies and killing, or at least extremely weakening them. It isn't meant for combat.
The Eletii Scout is very fast and not meant for fighting.
The Eletii Destroyer is very slow, expensive, easy to hit and easy to escape.
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

No need to double post, you can quote* or just add '@ <name>:' to stop confusion. Editing stops the need for double posting for when you forget to respond to someone, or they post while you were responding.

* There's even a button for this on the forum, but here's the code anyway:

Code: Select all

[quote="<name>"]blah[/quote]
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Cloud wrote: No need to double post, you can quote* or just add '@ <name>:' to stop confusion. Editing stops the need for double posting for when you forget to respond to someone, or they post while you were responding.
I love when users help others out before I have to come along. Zigg, the post boxes can hold large amounts of text, and it's actually more coherent if you address all concerns in one post then people needing to scroll through posts in order to see your various replies.