Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.0

Post by IPS »

When Im playing in much rooms in ageless era, I can see a very upbalanced faction what is named Welkins, For an example when the golden guards be a lv2 unit there are its statistics:

HP: 85 (more than a royal guard)
mele atack: 7-5 (No problem with this)
ranged atack: 7-3 (With a very good mele atack and with a good ranged atack?)
moves: 5
resistances: the custom, but -10% in pierce and blade.

Era: EofF

and the Welkings are a bit... Smart? the lv up more easier than the other factions (because they have nice battle tutors? :eng: ) but really, I think they are a bit over powered :<
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Yay I know... This is going to be fixed very soon.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ageless Era 3.2 now on the Add-on Server!!!
Here is what I wrote in the era. I will edit this post in a few hours with more information.

Sorry about the wait, but my Wesbreak is over. Nothing has been balanced yet, but a few bugs have been fixed including the Primeval Priam advancement bug. I have added 4 new faction: The Steelhive Robots, The Brungar, The Dark Blood Alliance, and the Khthon. They are on Ageless Era, Ageless Heroes, and Ageless Era RPG. In future updates expect for balancing starting with the Welkin and the Primeval factions. Also around the end of December or the beginning of January expect the 2 new Archiac Era factions Phantoms and South-Seas. That is when their author, doofus-01, says the might be finished with these two awesome factions. I will most likely be balancing and bug fixing now. Sooner or later I might attempt to make Ageless Era Expansion Pack (Better name wanted). This will include all the Mercenaries Era, War of Chaos, and Hammer Era and some other factions. This will be a completely separate add-on that can make be played by itself and can make one mega era if you have both eras installed. These are my plans and that is what I am going to see if I can get done over Christmas break. Thanks for playing my era!
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.2

Post by IPS »

Playing in your era is the only thing what I can do for the coolaboration to the eras.

But will be nice if you add Mercenaries era in you era, and that thing does more popular the Mercs era :D

Do you know a era named "Longbows era"? You need to know it because it haves new units for the default faction, and some popular factions like the desert elves and Dark elves, and other factions. Longbows era is other nice era ;)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Artifis

Post by Artifis »

Toad from the new race has a ...

This is russian, it has 100% anywhere. Should be fixed

mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks and fixed
Creator of Ageless Era
Artifis

Post by Artifis »

Be sure, that you fix all high lvl toads. They have same bug
DerTod

Post by DerTod »

the Giant Sea Turtle has no picture and an arcane resistance of -800%
there is one picture missing in the Dardanian Pillager and Hipparch defense animation
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Also around the end of December or the beginning of January expect the 2 new Archiac Era factions Phantoms and South-Seas. That is when their author, doofus-01, says the might be finished with these two awesome factions. I will most likely be balancing and bug fixing now. Sooner or later I might attempt to make Ageless Era Expansion Pack (Better name wanted). This will include all the Mercenaries Era, War of Chaos, and Hammer Era and some other factions. This will be a completely separate add-on that can make be played by itself and can make one mega era if you have both eras installed.<-----that's is amazing :D

ps. this era exist for 1.7x/1.8x??
IPS

Post by IPS »

I tested the era, and I think Steelhive faction is Underpowered...

For an example, The Steel lightshifter cost 8 and does: 2-1 mele impact and 3-2 arcane ranged, it haves only 15 hp.

Now the stats of a peasant (a unit with the same price): dammage 5-2 mele and 4-1 ranged atack, it haves 18 of hp, and it can be strong, inteligent, resilent and quick.

Other unit of Steelhive faction is the Steel Sentient, it cost 23 it haves 3-3 mele impact and 3-3 arcane (marskman), it haves only 30 hp...

I was thinking, and almost all the steelhive units are unpowered, only the Steel Slasher is a useful unit, because 6-3 and 8-2 for a unit what cost 13 is not bad at all. Other thing what I have thinked, is if you recruit ulfsekers, you kill easly the stillhive units, because almost of them haves very bad mele atacks.

I tell what I think about the steelhive faction, the others I think are OK.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

the low-hp steelhive need a very low exp point for level up...the lightshifterhave 15 up,but if u don't kill in one attack he regain all of his hp
AVbd

Post by AVbd »

The charm attack of the Feyborn Witch (in the Yokai faction) seems to apply to her normal attack, rather than just the special ‘love potion’ attack like it's supposed to. Also, the Yokai faction seemed to cause OOS even with up-to-date versions of the era.

I love the Ageless Era, hope to see everything balanced and everything in the future :) .
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

i hope some of my old balanced units be used in the original ageless era >.<
IPS

Post by IPS »

I find a curiusly character of the Light Shiffter, They can convert in a advancement unit from your faction (but its only an ilusion) and it can like other unit what you can have.

For an example, You have a Vector (lv 2 Steelhive Slasher) and with a Light Shiffter, you can make the Light Shiffter in other Vector (BUT, its only an ilusion), but it in a fog of war game can be a Nasty trick.

I dont know how or why the Light shiffter could do that, but I think, I cant talk about the steelhives units because unknown characters of the units.

I saw it with my eyes in a rumble room, that can explicate why when you click the Lightshifter says "Light Shiffter" "Light Shiffter" in green big letters, maybe that is the appearance what haves the Light Shifter.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

the sentient has amla. it can get up to 20-3 melee and ranged and 7 speed (i think). it may need to be a bit stronger at lvl one though. it's also extremely overpowered at low xp settings.

the lightshifter immitates units: it's a fake. it's not supposed to be able to fight, but to fool your opponent into thinking the regaining all it's hp is a glitch which should be fixed asap or else lightshifter spam will unstoppable.

This just crossed my mind: weren't you planning to add nightmares of meloean? What ever happened to that?